Finnick

Monday Numbers: TF5:$4.72M | WW:$3.07M | Cars3:$2.91M

Just now, Cochofles said:

So it's very likely that today Wonder Woman  becomes the DCEU's second largest domestic grosser, right? 

Yea and the biggest one by Thursday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Looks like my Theatre is only giving Baby Driver 5 showtimes on Wednesday and Thursday (along with two tonight)

In comparison The Mummy has 10 each of those days and Captain Underpants has 8

Why should that be surprising? :lol: It's a 1 screen affair at the majority of theaters unless there's PLF.

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There is PLF. and it's not going to Baby Driver.

As much as we are all geeking over this movie, and I am as well, it still looks pretty niche.  The cast screams minor hit, not major breakout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

As much as we are all geeking over this movie, and I am as well, it still looks pretty niche.  The cast screams minor hit, not major breakout.

Baby Driver screams wait for BluRay to me. Much like Atomic Blonde does. The casts are nice but I'm not paying $12 to see either.

Just now, Captain Craig said:

Baby Driver screams wait for BluRay to me. Much like Atomic Blonde does. The casts are nice but I'm not paying $12 to see either.

Why not? They're going to be some of the most quality films this summer.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

5.66 (+20%)

3.68 (-35%)

3.24 (-12%)

17.3 Mon-Thu / 85.78 cume

5.18 (+60%)

6.74 (+30%)

5.05 (-25%)

16.97 2nd weekend (-62%) / 102.75 cume

It's Canada's 150th Anniversary this Saturday. I wonder if that will have a small (negative?) impact on Saturday's box office. I know that our Monday holidays (Victoria Day and Thanksgiving) influence the domestic box office a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Why not? They're going to be some of the most quality films this summer.

Maybe they will, their quality is yet to be determined though really.

I have an entertainment budget and other films took priority. #marriedlife is not #bachelorlife 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Maybe they will, their quality is yet to be determined though really.

I have an entertainment budget and other films took priority. #marriedlife is not #bachelorlife 

Amen on that one...it gets worse when it's #familylife:)...then, you gotta prioritize even more!  Still might get me to Baby Driver, so I hope it does well enough to stick around a few weeks for my next date night (since I have to fit family movie outings to DM3 and Spidey 1st...and there are only so many weekend days, especially when you have to fit in pool trips, outdoor theater, library shows, kid play dates, BBQs and parties, etc:)...so, I'm hoping for a breakout for my own sake (and that it's actually good for a GA person who's not into Fast and Furious, but does love good action comedies:)...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Maybe Baby Driver will surprise box office-wise.  Were a lot of people fully expecting Split and Get Out to become the hits they became? 

Split was expected around $70m. And get out was expected to open in 20's. So, they were already in better situation than baby driver. If baby driver does what get oit was expected to, it would be a good result.

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Maybe Baby Driver will surprise box office-wise.  Were a lot of people fully expecting Split and Get Out to become the hits they became? 

The buzz for those movies, pre release, felt a lot more palpable than what BD has going in. You could feel the potential for those two movies to break out, at least on their OW. I'm not feeling that for BD.