Finnick

Monday Numbers: TF5:$4.72M | WW:$3.07M | Cars3:$2.91M

2 minutes ago, James said:

I think you got it mixed up with Pixar. :P They still have to make a great movie after Ratatouille.

WW yes. DOM no. I expect a 100m-ish OW with great legs.

I expect it will go under 300M (and that isn't bad it'll still be a great performance)

2 minutes ago, James said:

I think you got it mixed up with Pixar. :P They still have to make a great movie after Ratatouille.

Wall-E, UP, Toy Story 3, Inside Out, and Dory say otherwise. Hell I'd take Brave or TGD over any Illumination besides DM or Sing.

• Like 2

Still can't believe the DCEU went from a terrible 1.99 multiplier for BvS to a 3.0+ for Wonder Woman.  And no I'm not forgetting about SS 2.4 multiplier. I'm convinced that a half way decent BvS would have at least made 450mil domestically.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Sing is an outlier because it was made by an outsider, and even then it's still pretty by the books.

Didn't you even say you liked Sing?

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Wall-E, UP, Toy Story 3, Inside Out, and Dory say otherwise. Hell I'd take Brave or TGD over any Illumination besides DM or Sing.

Very good but not great, meh, even meh-er, lmao. Brave is actually one of the better Pixar outings. Haven't seen TGD.

21 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Looking at average rating will go down in 60's once more reviews pour in.

I certainly hope so, I think the entire franchise so far has absurdly high tomato-meters. 

2 hours ago, baumer said:

As much as we are all geeking over this movie, and I am as well, it still looks pretty niche.  The cast screams minor hit, not major breakout.

I think it'll wind up with $60-65 million total. Hope it really breaks out but I'd be shocked at an OW over $25 million. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Looking at average rating will go down in 60's once more reviews pour in.

18 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Minions was 5.8 (56%) and Cars3 6.1 (66%). So this one could drop considerably.

the average rating suggest that it's vulnerable....once other harsher critic come in

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Still can't believe the DCEU went from a terrible 1.99 multiplier for BvS to a 3.0+ for Wonder Woman.  And no I'm not forgetting about SS 2.4 multiplier. I'm convinced that a half way decent BvS would have at least made 450mil domestically.

I think if the BvS extended cut would have been the released version (with a few other minor cuts here and there for time), it would have had a much better multiplier.

You know, I just watched Grace's review of DM3 and she was making some interesting statements about how the DM franchise (and DM3 esp) are very european at heart. And I think she is right. It is the reason why DM is the biggest animated franchise in the world (ever actually). I see a lot of people defining Minions humor as slapstick and whatnot, but here for example, the audience at my showing for that movie was half adults (and I mean 20-30 YO, without kids). It is the only animation able to do that around here that I know of. I think cultural difference plays a big part in how you perceive the quality of these movies.

Edited by James
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

average rating is weak, yet the public will get on RT and only look at the percentage. ugg

I guess this is one of the universal's strategy....

by using the following tactic:

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Universal making sure all those 3/5 & 2.5/4 ratings are Fresh :ph34r:

Shrek3, Cars2 and Minions are the bottom 3 animations I have watched.

and they belong to DW, Disney/Pixar and Illumination....there, covered all major studios.

Sony's "flop" trio - Surf's Up, Pirates Band of Misfits (Aardman), Arthur Christmas (Aardman) - imo superior to most movies from the above studios.

Edited by a2knet