Finnick

Monday Numbers: TF5:$4.72M | WW:$3.07M | Cars3:$2.91M

40 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Minions is one of the worst 10 films of the last 3 years IMO, and SLOP is in there for good measure too:

1. FANT4STIC

2. Minions

3. SS

4. Legend of Tarzan

5. SLOP

6. Goosebumps

7. The Last Knight

8. The Circle

9. King Arthur

10. The Visit

No Wonder Woman ?

You disappoint me. :P 

• Like 1

My #1 pet peeve ever when discussing movies is when people say 'this only got good reviews because it starred a woman.' Or because it was directed by a woman or was supposed to be female empowering. How can you not realize how sexist that is? Like what if I were to say people only liked Iron Man because it started a male action hero? Does that sound ridiculous?

Just because you don't get something out of a movie doesn't mean everybody who does is full of shit or pushing some agenda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Minions is one of the worst 10 films of the last 3 years IMO, and SLOP is in there for good measure too:

1. FANT4STIC

2. Minions

3. SS

4. Legend of Tarzan

5. SLOP

6. Goosebumps

7. The Last Knight

8. The Circle

9. King Arthur

10. The Visit

I'll do my worst since 2015/16/17

1. Agent 47

2. Keanu

3. Age of Extinction

4. Fant4stic

5. Ride Along 2

6. Norm of the North

7. Taken 3

8. Transporter

9. Alice 2

10. Insurgent

Edited by DAJK

3 minutes ago, nomyth said:

My #1 pet peeve ever when discussing movies is when people say 'this only got good reviews because it starred a woman.' Or because it was directed by a woman or was supposed to be female empowering. How can you not realize how sexist that is?

Not to mention it is absurd, considering how many films for/about women flop/underperform/get awful reviews every year.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I know for a fact that @CJohnis waiting for this weekend when DM3 breaks the 4th of July OW record so he can enjoy the meltdowns here.

I can confirm this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Not to mention it is absurd, considering how many films for/about women flop/underperform/get awful reviews every year.

Yeah, we've had a bunch this year get crushed at the BO and by the critics...Snatched, Rough Night, Ghost in the Shell, The Circle, etc...

Now, to be fair, maybe there are a few critics/fans who "stan" no matter what for girl movies...but it's gotta be a very low number looking at those critic reviews and audience scores on these movies...

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Precisely!

It's simply a tool to undermine those that are successful. And I see at least one person say it every time a film by/for women succeeds. Like I know people can't wrap their mind around the fact that Ghostbusters got a 73% on RT. But ya know what? I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Iron Man 3 got a 79%.

Doesnt mean those critics are wrong tho. Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, we've had a bunch this year get crushed at the BO and by the critics...Snatched, Rough Night, Ghost in the Shell, The Circle, etc...

Now, to be fair, maybe there are a few critics/fans who "stan" no matter what for girl movies...but it's gotta be a very low number looking at those critic reviews and audience scores on these movies...

For sure, there will always be critics who are a little more likely to respond to something starring a woman.

At the same time, there's critics who are more likely to respond to Marvel films or films starring Leonardo DiCaprio or directed by Nolan. Everybody's opinions is skewed by their own perception of things. So it just seems like an incredibly unfair accusation to make towards successful female led films.

• Like 1