17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Nice one!

While I'd say Laika Studios have an edge when it comes to set and character design, Aardman ist still nr.1 when it's about comedy timing and absurdity. It's difficult to pull off something that entertains an 8 year old as much as someone nearly 50ish like me but it really works in Shaun!

Really cute movie with an astounding attention to detail, as well as an unexpected emotional punch. Started off as light, fluffy fun (that had some legitimately funny moments such as) 

all the sheep running around in circles jumping over the fence to put the Farmer to sleep, or that Mr. X poster where the Farmer looks like Wolverine

However, one scene that actually really got to me was 

when it's "adopt a stray animal from the pound day" and all the animals are doing their best to look nice; and that one dog gets rejected by the couple because she is "ugly"

The movie isn't on the same level of Inside Out or anything, but it is good, and deserves more than a $4M opening weekend.

B

This is really quite emotional in the second half, both with the stray (loved her, hope they bring her back in future shorts) and when the farmer rejects Shaun. The heartbreak in his eyes is extremely palpable.

Edited by tribefan695

Very charming film, I chuckled throughout it a lot. Decent emotion in it too, and the 80 minutes feel longer than it is in a good way. The lack of dialogue gives an interesting personality too that most other films try harder to get. Good watch. A

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Is is true that Shaun The Sheep is a silent film? This kind of makes me not want to see it...

There's like Simspeak on occasion where people are babbling but it's not anything you can understand but that's about it.

Oh yeah, my review: I loved it and it was tied with Fury Road for my favorite movie of last year 5/5 A+ would buy full price. 

I avoided watching this film for so long because I thought it was skewed too young. How wrong I was! I'm 20 and I haven't laughed this hard watching a movie since 2013's This Is the End. I mean, people talk about how Minions has adult jokes, but this is one has plenty of them too, except they're ACTUALLY FUNNY here! I'm telling you, this movie is comedy gold. And it even gets a bit touching at the end (and oh so adorable!).

I give this an A for being an excellent comedy for all ages. The lesson here is to never, ever underestimate Aardman.

Oh and did anyone else start questioning their life choices and consider starting a farm after watching this film? :lol: