The Movie Man

Do you prefer going to Movies Alone or with Others?????

Movie Viewings  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

• YES
    • NO NEVER
  2. 2. FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

• ALONE
    • ONE OTHER PERSON
    • A COUPLE OF PEOPLE
    • A BIG GROUP

hmm maybe because I only watch like 5-6 movies in theaters 

why so few??? Other reasons or do you not like the theater going experience????

As for me, I love going to the theater and sitting in a giant theater, looking at a big movie screen.

Sometimes I go to the movies alone and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact in someways its better to go alone.

Reasons to go alone

1. I get to see the movies I want to see without having to worry about others taste in movies

2. I only have to pay for myself

3. I can go to the theater on my own time schedule.

4. I get all the popcorn, candy, and pop to myself

5. I get to watch the movie in peace without having to explain anything to anyone

100% AGREED.

Mixed Breakdown as I expected....

Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?
    [*]Posted Image YES (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

[*]NO NEVER (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP
    [*]Posted Image ALONE (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

[*]ONE OTHER PERSON (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

[*]A COUPLE OF PEOPLE (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

[*]A BIG GROUP (1 votes [10.00%])

Wow, I can not believe so many people go to the movies by themselves.  Just seems strange to me, but I guess If your significant other or friends ruin the experience for you then that might be the better option.  I'm lucky because my wife and I have mostly the same taste in movies and adhere to the "no talking" rule.

• Like 1

For me it depends on the movie. If I see a really anticipated blockbuster or a horror movie I will want to see it with a big group of people, but if it's something smaller that the GA won't like I'd rather see it with just one of my few friends who actually have good taste. I'd prefer not to go by myself, but I'm not going to avoid seeing a movie because nobody else wants to.

• Like 1

Up until last year I went to the theatre quite a lot on my own. But circumstances changed and I always go with my Girlfriend now. That said, I would like to change the fact that the last movie I saw on my own was Piranha 3DD, just so I can forget that movie completely.

I usually go during the day by myself. I hate trying to coordinate plans with people, as they always change. Fuck you, I'm going when I can. Join me if you'd like. Also, I hate night time crowds/idiots who can't leave their phone alone for more than 20 minutes. Also people who eat loudly. Also old people who can't stfu or whisper. :rant:

• Like 2

I usually go during the day by myself. I hate trying to coordinate plans with people, as they always change. Fuck you, I'm going when I can. Join me if you'd like. Also, I hate night time crowds/idiots who can't leave their phone alone for more than 20 minutes. Also people who eat loudly. Also old people who can't stfu or whisper. :rant:

I'm so lucky, people never text or speak on their phone in the theater I frequent. Never. Its amazing.  :wub:  :wub:

I'm so lucky, people never text or speak on their phone in the theater I frequent. Never. Its amazing.  :wub:  :wub:

Ugh I had the worst old couple sit behind me the other day at To the Wonder. First of all, why the hell would you see a Malick film when you're like 70 and know you're gonna fall asleep. Every ten minutes I'd hear "what did that have to do with anything? That doesn't fit with anything else in the movie." Then the man would fall asleep and wake up and be like "who's that? When did they get married? Where's the other girl? What is he doing?"

I dont have too many experiences with annoying audience members, except this big, fat, stinky, 6ft 5 motherfucker with a greasy ponytail and a neckbeard who would turn up with all kinds of crazy food. It seems like he sees all movies, and I've been in the same screening with him many a time. One time he brought chinese in a paper box and ate it with chopsticks. He smuggled it in in a plastic bag. Then an other time he was eating a load of Kinder chocolate eggs. Its like like he can smuggle any food he wants in to the auditorium without the staff noticing. 

I dont have too many experiences with annoying audience members, except this big, fat, stinky, 6ft 5 motherfucker with a greasy ponytail and a neckbeard who would turn up with all kinds of crazy food. It seems like he sees all movies, and I've been in the same screening with him many a time. One time he brought chinese in a paper box and ate it with chopsticks. He smuggled it in in a plastic bag. Then an other time he was eating a load of Kinder chocolate eggs. Its like like he can smuggle any food he wants in to the auditorium without the staff noticing. 

You should by him next time and get to know him. You two most likely have the same taste in movies.