Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

I'm comparing it to Iron Man 2.  Why would IM3 be more family friendly than IM2?  IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE, released on the same weekend of the year! These number show that IM3 is far more frontloaded than its previous installment.

-_-"So you're telling me every Harry Potter film was a family-friendly as the previous? It is definitely possible that films in the one franchise can appeal to families more than another.

Also, a 61M 2nd weekend would be a 65% drop.  Not too bad for the sequal of a film that dropped 59% on its 2nd weekend. 

Not too bad? :huh:  That would be fucking horrible and will kill any chance at 400M.  :unsure:

-_-"So you're telling me every Harry Potter film was a family-friendly as the previous? It is definitely possible that films in the one franchise can appeal to families more than another.

True.  But do you think it's more family friendly than IM2? Do you?  Do you really?  I think people are just making excuses for some bad weekday numbers lol.

And sequels tend to be more fronloaded than their predecessors. This is kind of common knowledge....isn't it? IM3 dropping less than IM2 would be very unusual.

Am I the only one that noticed "Wednesday" misspelled in the title? Or are we all just too busy freaking out about this flop?

It's like you'd say it as a deaf person. Wedneday

True.  But do you think it's more family friendly than IM2? Do you?  Do you really?  I think people are just making excuses for some bad weekday numbers lol.

And sequels tend to be more fronloaded than their predecessors. This is kind of common knowledge....isn't it? IM3 dropping less than IM2 would be very unusual.

Why did it jump more than TA on it's opening Saturday minus the previews or actually increase on Tuesday? I said yesterday it'll have big drop on Wednesday because of the family factor so don't jump to conclusions until we get the Friday/Saturday number. Not every franchise is like Potter/Twilight that show absurd frontloadedness.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Why did it jump more than TA on it's opening Saturday minus the previews or actually increase on Tuesday? I said yesterday it'll have big drop on Wednesday because of the family factor so don't jump to conclusions until we get the Friday/Saturday number. Not every franchise is Potter that show absurd frontloadedness. 

I still don't get how this is playing more like a family movie than TA. That is probably the most surprising thing about its run so far.

I still don't get how this is playing more like a family movie than TA. That is probably the most surprising thing about its run so far.

Yep, that Saturday jump and Tuesday increase pretty dead giveaway of that. Now question is, will it continue that trend? If it does then we could be in store for 2nd biggest 2nd weekend ever. 

Why did it jump more than TA on it's opening Saturday minus the previews or actually increase on Tuesday? I said yesterday it'll have big drop on Wednesday because of the family factor so don't jump to conclusions until we get the Friday/Saturday number. 

TA probably would have had a larger Sat increase if capacity wasn't an issue.  Which is insane because it made something like 70M....

But, that is a fair argument I guess.  I'm still predicting a 2nd weekend around 61-65M.....

TA probably would have had a larger Sat increase if capacity wasn't an issue.  Which is insane because it made something like 70M....

But, that is a fair argument I guess.  I'm still predicting a 2nd weekend around 61-65M.....

What about the Tuesday increase? If the WOM was bad or similar to IM2 why did it increase at all. Like I said, this Friday number is very interesting. I think we'll see 150% jump while some are thinking along TA at 130%, I'm genuinely interested in how it behaves.  

Yep, that Saturday jump and Tuesday increase pretty dead giveaway of that. Now question is, will it continue that trend? If it does then we could be in store for 2nd biggest 2nd weekend ever. 

It has a chance at that regardless simply because it had the second biggest OW and came out in May (deflated weekdays and inflated weekends).

It has a chance at that regardless simply because it had the second biggest OW and came out in May (deflated weekdays and inflated weekends).

True but it'll need over 150% Friday jump for that, much bigger than TA

True.  But do you think it's more family friendly than IM2? Do you?  Do you really?  I think people are just making excuses for some bad weekday numbers lol. And sequels tend to be more fronloaded than their predecessors. This is kind of common knowledge....isn't it? IM3 dropping less than IM2 would be very unusual.

Iron Man 3 is more family-friendly than Iron Man 2 - that wasnt anyone-friendly.The moment IM3 increased on Tuesday, it basically threw all logic out the window.
  • Like 1