baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

Saw the late show last night. Got home at 2AM. Im still trying tonprocess what i just saw. One of the most incredibly emotional films ive ever seen. This will 200% get a best pict and director and score nom.

• Like 1

James Bond is so sinking that Cameron flop...EDIt: 28m opening? No way! This might make over 150m! Amazing!

Its Saturday morning...we dont know the gross yet.

Finally caught the trailer the other night... i probably take my girl down to see it...... whether i'll watch the film though is another thing  :ph34r:

not expecting anything too big here ... i personally think that it has a slim chance of reaching it's budget in the US...  but i think it will fall short....

last minute prediction before it comes out ....

OW prediction (last gasp) - 22m

Total prediction - 145m  (I think this would be a good result)

Don't see this doing well here in australia though...   10m if it's lucky!  lol

oh and i heard that travolta might have finally got the ball rolling on Battlefield Earth... Awesome book, think it would make a stunning movie.  Apparently he's done a deal with Fox for distribution rights .... hopefully this deal holds up better than the MGM one did a few years earlier... mark my words this film has a lot of potential to be big!

As for cameron on this boat... i don't know it will be a complete flop, it will probably make a reasonable total but the budget is just way to high to make a profit (maybe just maybe down the road on VHS it might get there... maybe they could make titanic toys so you can sink your own boat :P )

Edited by Jajang

wow..... some interesting responses already on this film..... from the posts above... maybe i might actually watch the film then (well some of it :P )

on a side note a few of my friends seem to be interested in seeing this too.... 

maybe i'm undercutting it... but i just don't know.

I liked the opening but the middle really dragged like a proper dull chick-flick.. Once they started to sink and die though it was Cameron through and through. Its worth the ticket price for the sinking alone, ive never seen anything like it. Stick with it through the dull middle and there is a pay off for guys..

Edited by Rovex

People are talking about this everywhere. This movie is really going to appeal to a wide audience. I am a baby, and even I am going to see this because Kate Winslet's boobs makes me really hungr-I mean, goo-goo-ga-ga. 

• Like 1

Saw the late show last night. Got home at 2AM. Im still trying tonprocess what i just saw. One of the most incredibly emotional films ive ever seen. This will 200% get a best pict and director and score nom.

Wasn't planning to see it, as I know the expected story... Start Movie > Boat Trip > Boat Hits Iceburg > Boat Sinks > Some People Live and Some People Die > End Movie......

but I heard that they have a nice nude scene from Kate Winslet????? So is it worth seeing for that????

Also how were the special effects????? Decent????

The effects were great, but Cameron will learn his lessen from this, he will never do a long movie and make you sit through a boring love story for 2 hours before giving you the pay off again.

I have to be honest with you as well. I did not cry when I saw ET as a kid but I bawled my eyes out in this movie. The score really get inside of you. And the sad fate of all of the passengers is heartbreaking and the love story is just be autiful. I spoke with a few of my guy friends today and they also saw it and liked it as well. Maybe this will be a bit more popular with guys than we thought

• Like 1

It was awesome seeing the mighty Titanic on the big screen!  I didn't have my hopes set too high after the delay and the budget issues, but the movie really delivered for me.  The ship sinking and the last dire moments were gut wrenching and I actually had tears in my eyes - don't tell anyone.  You really need to get out there and give this movie a try, you won't be disappointed.  I think this will have some great legs, might make it to $150m domestic.

(out of character:  "My heart will go on" was our wedding song and we were able to see the movie again on our honeymoon on an IMAX in August 1998!.  back in character)

• Like 1

Well, saw it last night with my girlfriend, and now she wants to go see it again tonight with me and she wants to bring some of her girlfriends along.  My buddy and his girlfriend are going tonight too, so maybe we'll go as a group.  I'm simply stunned at how this film is still inside me.  I don't know how much its going to make this weekend, but I think it will play well over the holidays.  I'm never doubting Cameron again.  I hope he does Spiderman next.

• Like 2

Well, saw it last night with my girlfriend, and now she wants to go see it again tonight with me and she wants to bring some of her girlfriends along.  My buddy and his girlfriend are going tonight too, so maybe we'll go as a group.  I'm simply stunned at how this film is still inside me.  I don't know how much its going to make this weekend, but I think it will play well over the holidays.  I'm never doubting Cameron again.  I hope he does Spiderman next.

Well this movie caught me off guard.  I never expected to like it that much.  My friend already wants to see it again.  That will be seeing it on Sunday and now this Friday.  I haven't done that in a while, but it is definitely something worth seeing twice.  I am sure I will see it many more times.  Especially since there is this new theater right behind my work so I don't even have to find a parking spot.

I was teary eyed for a portion of it too, baumer.  The only reason I didn't really all out cry was I didn't sleep for about 36 hours due to a personal loss.  But yeah I am sure, the tears will flow soon enough ;)  

Even with the movie being so long, it didn't feel like it.  I wasn't sure i would care enough about the characters since they are fictional and I know a lot of the true stories on the Titanic.  However, Cameron made me care and sucked me right in.  My theater wasn't full but I heard lots of chatter after it was over.

(yes, all true story again)

• Like 1