baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

To my girlfriend...why are we seeing this as what are we going to see....

Start Movie > Boat Trip > Boat Hits Iceburg > Boat Sinks > Some People Live and Some People Die > End Movie.

• Like 1

Well, I'm a bit of a Titanic history buff so I have been really looking forward to this movie.  I was disappointed when they moved the opening to December, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it this weekend with my girlfriend (we just got engaged last month :D).

As for predictions for the movie, I'm hoping that it can manage to get in the high 20's this weekend and maybe have some good legs.  With overseas gross it might be able to make back it budget, but I think that's the very high end.

I'll post my review tomorrow.

Spoiler

The boat sinks

:)

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

So I heard they got Celine Dion to sing one of the songs in this movie. Her album "Let's Talk About Love" just came out yesterday and nobody I know is buying it. What a dumb idea to get this Canadian singer to sing for this movie, another flop decision by Mr. Cameron.

The song's name is called "My Heart Will Go On" but they might as well re-name it "My Heart Will Flop On" right now cause that's all it will do!

Rumor says Cameron is already contacting with the delivery company that he used to work at to see if there's a truck driver job for him after the release of Titanic.

Edited by vc2002

OMG OMG OMG celine dion is the best singer in the world , i'm so in love with the song "my heart will go on " i taped it on a radio-cassette so i can listen to it whenever i want , only problem the darn radio guy voice interrupts it near the end saying "celine dion on laser 101.1FM" ughhh

and i don't care what anyone says , this movie will rock because helloooo did you see leonardo di caprio in romeo and juliet ! he was so cute in it

(keep in mind i was exactly the target age hardly 16 teen mags and me went hand in hand)

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

Well its finally opening tonight guys. Im going tonight for sure. Threz a lot more buzz than i thought I thlought there would be. Ebert gave it 4 stars. Im really looking forward to it.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the spectacle but the script was lacking. WTF was with Billy Zane chasing them with a gun? As if the sinking wasn't dramatic enough! It'll do well over the holidays but I don't think it'll have the legs to challenge MiB for number one of the year.

Dammit! I was about 2/3 of the way through (it is damn weird watching an English language movie with Spanish subtitles, btw, because your brain keeps automatically trying to see how the translation goes...) and I got horribly, violently ill. I had to leave the theater -- something I never do -- and the ship hadn't even sunk yet! So far, it looked gorgeous, I loved the music, I was surprisingly engaged with DiCaprio and Winslet.... but I have to go back when I'm better so I can see the whole damn movie!

• Like 1