#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

The flops are coming.I don't know what they'll be, and I'm sure Memorial Day weekend will be huge, but sooner or later the flops will hit.IM3 and Gatsby coexisted this weekend, but there's no way we'll have a $70M and $50M movie every weekend.

Every summer has flops.It's true that we won't have 70 M and 50 M films every weekend. How about 80 M and 35 M with MU and WWZ? 75 M and 45 M for DM ll and TLR (3-day). I am positive this summer will break records.

Im3 should stay above 35 million next weekend for surez 

It loses Imax but 3D screens still stay unlike Pirates and Thor and plus still top choice for family audience and ST rush will be Thu - Fri. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/the-great-gatsby-overperforms-for-3-250-late-shows-breaking-record-for-female-driven-films/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

‘The Great Gatsby’ Hip-Hops To Big $53M; But ‘Iron Man 3′ Still Tops; ‘Peeples’ Flops

SUNDAY 3 AM, 4TH UPDATE: There’s more good news at the box office for the start of Summer 2013. Domestic grosses for Warner Bros‘ The Great Gatsby (3,035 theaters) just kept climbing upward. Big online seller Fandango tells me it’s still going strong heading into Mother’s Day, and ticket sales show no signs of flagging despite audiences giving it a ‘B’ CinemaScore. My sources’ latest estimates for the 3D tentpole are $19.4M for Thursday/Friday, and -6% for $18M Saturday. Hollywood is expecting an overperforming $53M first weekend for the romantic drama co-financed by Village Roadshow and based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 classic novel. The #1 film is still Disney/Marvel’s Iron Man 3 (which has the biggest theater count at 4,253) with $19.7M Friday (-72% from last Friday’s huge opening) and a huge $33M Saturday for $75M this weekend. (Last year The Avengers made an incredible $103M in its second weekend…) Before Friday, IM3 grossed $794M — international cume $581.6M and domestic $212.4M. Now the North American cume should be $287.4M through Sunday. Yowza! The only other major newcomer is Lionsgate’s Peeples (2,031 theaters), a ‘Tyler Perry Presents’ comedy not written or directed by him but by Tina Gordon Chism. It received a ‘B-’ CinemaScore and weak grosses even for a tiny budget of $15M: $1.1M Friday and $1.8M Saturday for a $4.2M weekend.

Edited by ECSTASY

Gatsby's success feels meaningful to me. Hopefully this will encourage studios to give directors unlimited amounts of money to adapt other classic novels in weird interesting ways.

The Old Man and the Sea could work in 3D

Gatsby was never competion for IM3.

The true test for IM3 legs is week end 3 ( STid) and 4 ( Fast 6, Hangover III, Epic ( families ...) and 5 ( After Earth, Now you see me)

See you then.

Gatsby's success feels meaningful to me. Hopefully this will encourage studios to give directors unlimited amounts of money to adapt other classic novels in weird interesting ways. 

Yes, I want to see Michael Bay's Of Mice And Men.

• Like 3