#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Lol to think Trek 2 isn't clearing $100m at this point

We'll see about that pretty soon, I guess. Bare in mind, it's opening Thursday. (Meh, even with Friday opening, it still wouldn't come close to 100M. I would've said 85M, 90M maximum)

Edited by ChD

I guess in context of the teaser trailer back in 2007, I don't think many expected it. By opening week, maybe.

I remember telling people to listen to that voice: Heath was going to be sadistic and terrifying.

I'm really not feeling the hype for ST either.  I don't feel it, sense it or smell it.  

this means it will probably do 150 mill OW.

• Like 5

I'm really not feeling the hype for ST either.  I don't feel it, sense it or smell it.  

:rofl: I'm feeling quite a bit right now. Less than Gatsby but it'll probably pick up as we hit the home stretch. 

• Like 1

I'm really not feeling the hype for ST either.  I don't feel it, sense it or smell it. this means it will probably do 150 mill OW.

That usually the bar for succes :)
  • Like 2

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cumberbatch Effect, B  :P

Funny, I'm feeling the MOS hype BKB.  Maybe it's just that the trailer has really had an effect on me...plus I'm seeing aq lot of responses to Crowe when he tweets about it.  So I  can see where that is coming from....but nothing from ST.

• Like 2

I'm really not feeling the hype for ST either. I don't feel it, sense it or smell it. this means it will probably do 150 mill OW.

I have this deep feeling that I can't shake that this will be a movie that will get underestimated. The general public loves the first one and I think they are going to love this one. I think this gets minimum of $120m 4 day.
  • Like 1

Sorry...Cumberbatch?  I'm not following.

I was just kidding  :lol:

For IM3, it's TA Effect.

For STiD, there seems to be Cumberbatch Effect for some people.

• Like 1

I totally agree. We just got a big franchise movie (IM3) and we're about to get another one (Fast 6) that feels hugely anticipated. ST2 just seems like the movie in the middle. I think it does 100 4-day if it's lucky. 

• Like 1