baumer

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The best of the 3. I don't say this easily. This movie has a lot of layers that I didn't pick up on until viewed many times. it also made me cry in the beginning and in the end. So it gets points for that.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Not as great as Ultimatum, but a rock-solid action thriller. Joan Allen is a great addition, Julia Stiles' role is perfectly expanded, and watching Bourne use simple, everyday devices and scenarios to great effect to achieve his goals is more exciting than most action movies. Me being Russian, additional props to this movie for not only setting the whole last third in Moscow, but filming it all on location and avoiding pretty much any ridiculous stereotypes.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

Not as great as Ultimatum, but a rock-solid action thriller. Joan Allen is a great addition, Julia Stiles' role is perfectly expanded, and watching Bourne use simple, everyday devices and scenarios to great effect to achieve his goals is more exciting than most action movies. Me being Russian, additional props to this movie for not only setting the whole last third in Moscow, but filming it all on location and avoiding pretty much any ridiculous stereotypes.

God I loved those scenes in Moscow. It played so well at the end of the movie. There was so much beauty in the cold and bleak backdrop to Bourne's inner turmoil. Contrast that with the beautiful warm colors in Goa and Bourne running on the beach to that sexy ass track. Man a lot of care went into making this film imo. Edited by ECSTASY

Agreed. I've always loved the cold, gritty atmosphere of the European cities featured in the Bourne series, just the natural windy, grey streets and buildings (Zurich, Paris, Berlin, London... plus NY in Ultimatum) and Moscow is one of the more distinctive in that sense.

This was really boring, in my opinion, and clearly the worst Bourne movie of the original trilogy. The main reason is that Bourne spends most of the movie alone, compared to the other two where he's with Marie or Nicky. The shaky-cam feels most pronounced in this movie as well, making a lot of the action hard to see or otherwise making me unattached. I give it a C+.

Karl Urban as to be the best assassin of all-time. The style is just awesome :lol:! One fantastic action movie. I saw the whole trilogy, and it get me less excited for Legacy actually. There is no way that movie is as good as any of these 3. Damon is just perfect for the role!

• Like 2

Karl Urban as to be the best assassin of all-time. The style is just awesome :lol:! One fantastic action movie. I saw the whole trilogy, and it get me less excited for Legacy actually. There is no way that movie is as good as any of these 3. Damon is just perfect for the role!

Glad to see another Kirill fan. I loved Karl Urban in this movie. He was just so stylish himself getting out of the car in Goa with the sunglasses. And how cool did he look when he was trailing Bourne on foot in Moscow when the music cranks up getting ready for that car chase. He just snatches the chick out of the SUV and gets to rolling, lol.Awesome movie. I can find so many things to love about Supremacy. And I love the other two to pieces as well. Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

God I loved those scenes in Moscow. It played so well at the end of the movie. There was so much beauty in the cold and bleak backdrop to Bourne's inner turmoil. Contrast that with the beautiful warm colors in Goa and Bourne running on the beach to that sexy ass track.

Man a lot of care went into making this film imo.

"Contrast that with the beautiful warm colors in Goa and Bourne running on the beach" ... next to the ocean. Don't forget that whole 'water' motif thing, too! I would love to watch movies with you. :popcorn::)

Supremacy is my favorite of the trilogy as well. I think the scene between Bourne and the Neski girl was incredible acting from Matt Damon. But dude ... he should have left her some serious money. I like to imagine her finding three stacks of $100 dollar bills after he left.

"Contrast that with the beautiful warm colors in Goa and Bourne running on the beach" ... next to the ocean. Don't forget that whole 'water' motif thing, too! I would love to watch movies with you. :popcorn::)

Supremacy is my favorite of the trilogy as well. I think the scene between Bourne and the Neski girl was incredible acting from Matt Damon. But dude ... he should have left her some serious money. I like to imagine her finding three stacks of $100 dollar bills after he left.

No shit! LOL

Thanks for pointing out the water motif. It is like the life blood of the trilogy. The beginning, middle and end.

Edited by ECSTASY