Plain Old Tele

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

As much as I enjoyed this one, I do think Five is a better movie. It's more coherent. 

understandable. I can see how its more Coherent. I had more fun with this one, I cried,Laughed. everything. I pick Fast 6 for.

My cousin never saw any previous filmed and she loved this one. Mostly because the love story lol. She wish had a man who jump after her. I was like Good luck with that lol. guess Thats how universal getting the female crowd lol now she wants to go watch the rest of the series

Edited by Dragon

All right 

Overall I liked it  

Here are my positive and negative thoughts about the movie 

negative : 

- second act is dull as fuck ... once again they went in with the BS complicating of the plot that doesn't need it ... I mean the whole LA jail segment could have been left out 

- cast is good but Vin Diesel needs to we waken up I mean when Paul Walker out-acts you you're in trouble ... I mean yeah I get it its fast & furious but the dude wasn't even trying 

- some of the serious stuff fell flat ... mainly Gal Gadot's sacrifice ... 

positive 

-infinite runway 

- Vin's flying skills 

- car that flips other cars 

- The Rock 

- Illogical plotting ( pulling that gun on some big ass military general inside his own base ) 

- comedy that actually works ( both intentionally and unintentionally ) 

- Tank that's faster than racing cars 

Overall 7/10 

I would have given it a 6 because of that completely unwanted second act but the final act is really good and its always more important to finish on a high note than not 

Fast Five is a tad better though 

Definitely a crowd pleaser though ... no use in watching it in a theater that's empty 

• Like 2

Decent entertainer. Action scenes are superb especially with the tank. The final action sequence on the plane is underwhelming. The runway must be like 20 miles long given how long that part plays out.

B+

• Like 1

God, what a fun experience. Incredibly funny with incredible action, and the crowd made it all the better. The Rock, Tyrese, and Luda stole the show, along with Vin Diesel, obviously. Better villain than anticipated, too. What a total blast. The Rock's super clothsline of the big dude, the jump, and Staham's reveal all got awesome reactions.

• Like 1

Man Forgot they had Avengers reference

"Over the course of the movie there are plenty of goofy one-liners, but a full three of them are allusions to the highest grossing movie of 2012, The Avengers. The first can be heard in this trailer, where Tej Parker (Ludacris) marvels that Dominic Toretto's (Vin Diesel) crew is no longer running from Luke Hobbs (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), but working for him, quipping, "Now we work for the Hulk?" Later, when Hobbs visits London's surveillance camera headquarters, he meets some resistance from a pudgy English security guard who sneeringly calls Hobbs "Captain America." Finally, when Hobbs telephones Parker, his caller idea reads "Samoan Thor.""

Edited by Dragon

My Initial feelings were about C+ but after some thought of letting digest a little more, I did enjoy the sequel overall. So B- is probably a better grade.  I thought the Lettey twist was weak only cause I felt they could of came up with something better than memory loss.  I think Paul going to L.A. was clearly filler.  The villain was good.  The action is on par with Fast Five but it did get even more ridiculous as the movie went on.  I'm a fan of over the top action but some of these stunts went crazy.  

Especially with the airplane at the end.   The whole endless runway scene was Epic.  What pissed me off was the Trailer basically give away all the money scenes. Overall good sequel but it's time to end it.  The ending credit scene was Epic mainly cause it finally tied into "Tokyo Drift".  It was like it came full circle for Justin Lin.  So outside of some weak plot issues, good sequel to "Fast Five" but not better. I liked "Fast 4" cause it was like a reunion and the stakes were raised with Lettey dying.  So i'm game for one more Fast and Furious ride but I think it's time to start wrapping it up. 

• Like 1

Fast 6 is not as good as Fast Five.  Fast Five was a flawless tongue-in-cheek action movie.

In Fast 6, none of the fights really came close to Dom vs. Hobbs(which probably an action scene classic).  I also couldn't help but role my eyes at a few scenes in this movie, it was kinda over the top even for this franchise's standards.  Also, the finale was underwhelming compared to the vault chase in Fast Five with too much CGI.  What made the finale at the end of Fast Five so great was that it was kinda plausible while also being something we haven't really seen before in a movie.  Luckily, there is a lot of stuff in this movie that offset these gripes for me.  And damn, there was some great comedy in this movie.  It was an enjoyable movie.

Fast Five A+

Fast 6 B

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Finally, the summer season has given something good.  A movie has delivered instead of being generic or just ok.

I am guessing by now, you can realize that I really liked this film.  Over the top action, funny parts, somewhat serious parts, a good villain, and very entertaining.

The Rock jumps off the screen as he always does.  When he popped up in the last fight and he and Vin Diesel were standing next to each other, my theater went nuts.  

I also had a very good, interactive, large crowd for a 10 am showing.  I was surprised how many people were there.

Everyone had a huge laugh at the Dom catching Letty scene.  It was pretty funny.

I finally have a movie that I can and want to see more than once this summer season.

A- 

• Like 2

Finally, the summer season has given something good.  A movie has delivered instead of being generic or just ok. I am guessing by now, you can realize that I really liked this film.  Over the top action, funny parts, somewhat serious parts, a good villain, and very entertaining. The Rock jumps off the screen as he always does.  When he popped up in the last fight and he and Vin Diesel were standing next to each other, my theater went nuts. I also had a very good, interactive, large crowd for a 10 am showing.  I was surprised how many people were there. Everyone had a huge laugh at the Dom catching Letty scene.  It was pretty funny. I finally have a movie that I can and want to see more than once this summer season. A- 

And the reaction to Statham?
  • Like 1

I loved it. This is a summer blockbuster done right. After a shitty week of real life a movie like Fast and Furious 6 has a cleansing effect, watching it is like good therapy. I left the theater with the biggest smile on my face.

4/5

• Like 4