Plain Old Tele

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's not as funny or well-paced as 5, but ultimately I was won over by the impeccably crafted climactic setpiece and the general fine direction of the action sequences in general. The Rock leaves the biggest impression here out of all the actors, imo, sending up his machismo demeanor enough to keep things entertaining even through the rather flat drama scenes. The film also has a pretty nice soundtrack.

I'll give it a B

Edited by tribefan695

The film was really cool in putting all the films together but Fast Five was driven by a better story imo.

This one was about family so it was okay but even so the film was a lot I mean a lot of fun.

Tyrese and Ludacris were way way to funny and a lot of funny one liners... The Rock was cool but I felt his idea to jump on to a car was such a flop in the first London Scene.

Anyways the action scenes were great and even the totally ridiculous one with Vin jumping up to grab Letty to grab her car. 

However, oh man the plane scene was great and a lot of fun and when Vin picked up the Hulk Guy and the Rock clotheslines him, I was like Wohhh!

Anyways nice to see an actual race in this one and I hope they sort of done the crazy over the top action and keep it semi believable. 

B+ 

Poor Asian guy, he loses his girl and he gets killed booo... 

However I imagine Fast 7 will be big with Jason as the villain, the guy is popular with the young crowd. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Seeing this a second time, I enjoyed it much more than I did the first time. This is definately. my 2nd favorite Fast and Furious movie after Fast Five. I really liked both of them a lot, but the Ocean 11ish type of heist movie made me like Fast Five a little bit more. The one central message I dug about this movie is the concept of family, and sticking together. This movie helps make it more personal and meaningful after 2 members of the team died(Gisele and Han). This movie made you feel how important it was for team to get Letty back as part of their family. I didn't like they killed off Gisele during the Plane scene, but they had to complete Han's storyline from Tokyo Drift. If they're is going to be a part 7, I can't wait to see Jason Statham as the main villain. He could be the best villain yet of the entire franchise. Luke Evans did a pretty decent job, but I never found him menacing. Conniving? Yes. Menacing? No. 

The action sequences in this movie(especially the Plane and Tank scenes) were absolutely stunning. The action set pieces, a long with some great pacing/editing, and directing by Justin Lin was top notch. I loved how the different scenes would cut back and forth between characters. It would cut back and forth between Hobbs, Dom, and Letty ; Mia and Brian; Roman and Tej; and Gisele and Han. This made each member integral to the team. The action felt real too. Justin Lin doesn't like to use a lot of CGI, and sticks with practical effects. I like it when movies don't use an overabundance of CGI shots(get a clue Michael Bay). The only one I felt who was outta place was Letty. Felt like she was shoe-horned into the plot sometimes. They could have done more with her character IMO. The amnesia side story with her was lame. The only other gripe I have with the action is un-believability of it. People jumping out of cars at top speeds is a little hard to buy. This is my one major gripe with the movie. 

This movie is well directed with some top notch action by Justin Lin. Fast and Furious franchise is in good hands with Justin Lin. Justin Lin knows how to direct some great action set-pieces while advancing multiple story-lines. I have some gripes with some of the action, but I highly recommend it.

B+ 4.5/5

Edited by FilmBuff
  • Like 2

This film almost didn't work for me.  If you guys think Indy jumped the shark with the fridge, this entire film jumps the shark with the ridiculous gravity defying leaps of faith these guys make.  It really kind of took me out of the film for a bit when it seemed that everyone could jump from car to car and literally fly as they do....and then the never ending runway, I mean, come on. 

But having said that, the action is frenetic and it makes up for the ridiculous shark jumping.  I will be seeing it again tomorrow night so maybe I'll like it more.  For now it's a 7/10.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Fast & Furious 6 can be best described as follows: never let the laws of physics get in the way of good vehicular mayhem. As with Fast Five, director Justin Lin and crew have nailed down a solid, appealing formula that keeps the proceedings light and enjoyable through most of the film. The cast members still have strong rapport with one another, which helps to build some pathos, provide some comic relief, and fill in the gaps left by spotty character development. And, of course, the action sequences are nuts. While I'll freely admit that I probably wouldn't let a more intelligently crafted movie get away with the stupidity and disconnection from reality evident in the car chases, it's a decision that works well for the franchise because the whole thing is so preposterous and over-the-top that something like a tank bursting from a larger vehicle or a car bursting from a crashing plane feel right at home - and spectacular to watch. The filmmakers also place the future of the series in an interesting direction with a killer stinger about thirty seconds after the fade-out. This is outlandish, mindless entertainment done well. 

B

• Like 2

B

Saw this film over the weekend.  Not bad.  I am looking forward to Justin Lin's next project and I'm certain the sequel is in good hands with James Wan.  I now decree Furious 6 as the 2nd best sixth movie ever behind ROTS.

I just finished watching Tokyo Drift all the way through for the first time.  Not bad, much better than the WOM.  Do I agree with the consensus that it is worst of the franchise?  No.  Even if it was, given how strong the movies are that's not necessarily a bad thing.  

Favorite to Least:

FF5

FF6

FF1

FF4

FF3 (Tokyo Drift)

FF2

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

B+ from me. You have to check your brain at the door for these films or you're destined to be disappointed. The real question is "were you entertained?" and I most definitely was.

Bring on FF7: Transporter vs. Torretto. B)

• Like 6

I enjoyed it immensely but no doubt if this were just some generic one-off action movie, it wouldn't have been as good as these characters are great (well, save for Walker who is still so bland). But I enjoyed the over-the-top action scenes and while the villain was average, I've become a big fan of Luke Evans of late (my choice to play Batman). Also excited to see #7 which looks to be a good old fashioned revenge movie...

****/*****, (B+, 7.8/10, 3/4)

• Like 1

I enjoyed it immensely but no doubt if this were just some generic one-off action movie, it wouldn't have been as good as these characters are great (well, save for Walker who is still so bland). But I enjoyed the over-the-top action scenes and while the villain was average, I've become a big fan of Luke Evans of late (my choice to play Batman). Also excited to see #7 which looks to be a good old fashioned revenge movie...

****/*****, (B+, 7.8/10, 3/4)

He's Vin Diesel's pick to play James Bond once Daniel Craig finishes up.

My Thoughts on yet another Fast & Furious movie

What I liked

Ridiculous action

The Tank Scene

The Humor

Dwayne Johnson vs Big White guy

Jason Statham cameo

What I didn't like

Super long runway

Gina Carano's character turns out to be bad twist

Overall I can say that I generally liked this more than Fast Five(which was more in the B+ ranger for me)

A-

• Like 3

I saw it 8 second time last night and still have the same problems as I did the first time. The action the tank the car chases the fights they are all fantastic. But the plot and the defying of gravity is just way too much to take seriously. If crystal skull jumped the shark with the fridge this movie jumps the shark every 20 minutes.

• Like 1