Plain Old Tele

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I saw it 8 second time last night and still have the same problems as I did the first time. The action the tank the car chases the fights they are all fantastic. But the plot and the defying of gravity is just way too much to take seriously. If crystal skull jumped the shark with the fridge this movie jumps the shark every 20 minutes.

More like it jumped the bridge ;)

I know what you mean and yes especially that one scene had my entire theater laughing, doing the whole fake cough but saying BS instead :P

But with the summer going the way it was going for me, this movie finally paid off so I am probably giving it some leeway ;)

• Like 1

I saw it 8 second time last night and still have the same problems as I did the first time. The action the tank the car chases the fights they are all fantastic. But the plot and the defying of gravity is just way too much to take seriously. If crystal skull jumped the shark with the fridge this movie jumps the shark every 20 minutes.

"Nuking the fridge" hatred was so overblown.

• Like 2

Yes i agree. Its the best ive seen this summer so far but that usnt saying much.

Can't argue there.  I just hope Now You See Me works out for me as well

If you're going to be absurd you need to embrace the absurdity. F6 did, for the most part, so I didn't have a problem with either the tank or runway stuff (though they're so ridiculous you have to laugh both at the stupidity and the awesomeness all together). What makes it not quite as good as F5 is the slower first half, plus there's always something incredibly fun about putting a team together (which FAST FIVE had, and of course SIX didn't).

btw, that's something to keep in mind for AVENGERS 2.

• Like 3

The tank stuff was okay it was actually a lot of fun it was just the part where Dom jumps out to rescue Letti and they both fly thru the air like there is no gravity. Too many scenes like that. And yes the Indy fridge scene was way over blown.

I had no issue with any of the absurdities. 

The last time I had an issue with an absurdity was Fast 4's tunnel sequence, which had a poorly rendered CGI background, plus the franchise was still trying to find its footing, which it did in Fast Five.

I had no issue with any of the absurdities. 

The jump was RIDE Or DIE moment. People in real life have survive way more worse situation. I honestly one of the must believable stunt in this franchise. Honestly. I mean some people could except a car driving through a plane's cockpit, 4 cars crashing a plane down, A vault destroying half of Rio with no Causalities or that big leap Brian and Dom did in beginning of Fast five. How about flipping a prison bus with no one being harm. Car flying inside a boat in 2f2f? Or Dom driving under rolling Tank in F4?or Driving through Cave tunnels in F4 ? But here you have Dom jumping to catch Letty consider over the Top. LMAO. I find that funny. Idk I guess.

I cant wait for what 7 will bring with the over the topness. Im still hoping for that Wall of china chase scene

Edited by Dragon

That's what this series is known for though.  I don't mind it at all, I think that just makes it more endearing, honestly.

• Like 5

It's too long and the plot is borderline irrelevant, but who cares? The chases and combat sequences are fantastic, the one-liners are cheesy and fun, and the Rock and Vin Diesel continue to have the most sexual tension I've ever seen in a franchise (sorry, Celine and Jesse). 

I won't bother grading it, these guys know exactly what kind of movie they're making and they're firing on all cylinders. Literally. Bring on Statham. 

• Like 6

So I've seen it. I liked it is my second fav fast film. I hate amnesia plots in anything and I saw Gina Carino being a mole when she first appeared. And realized she looks like a beefed up Anna Kendrick. But I really enjoyed how crazy it was. The Statham reveal did nothing for me I'd rather have Eva Mendes. 4/5

• Like 1

So I've seen it. I liked it is my second fav fast film. I hate amnesia plots in anything and I saw Gina Carino being a mole when she first appeared. And realized she looks like a beefed up Anna Kendrick. But I really enjoyed how crazy it was. The Statham reveal did nothing for me I'd rather have Eva Mendes.4/5

The Statham reveal did nothing for you? :angry:

You don't respect the holy trinity. :P

• Like 2

B-

I feel let down. I probably went in with my expectations too high because I loved Fast Five but this didn't do it for me at all. Every scene dragged for me (especially the Michelle Rodriguez/ Gina 'Dat Bitch Who's Trying To Date My Cavill But Will Never Ever Love Him Like I Love Him So She Should Back Off And Fade From Existence, Poof Begone' Carano fight on the plane). A matter of fact that whole plane segment felt bizarre to me. But then in all of the night scenes I had the hardest time figuring out who was in which car doing what.

The only part of the movie I really loved was the final Statham scene. That and Tyrese's banter and Paul Walker in general made the movie semi worth it.

Edited by glassfairy

So I've seen it. I liked it is my second fav fast film. I hate amnesia plots in anything and I saw Gina Carino being a mole when she first appeared. And realized she looks like a beefed up Anna Kendrick. But I really enjoyed how crazy it was. The Statham reveal did nothing for me I'd rather have Eva Mendes. 4/5

And let's not forget that Statham was chosen by people like us.