A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

Problem is, is that WB has no movie lined up currently, actor or no actor. They did announce a Flash movie, but they've announced that several times in the past.

I can't see a dc adaption being ready by then.

Announced BvsS 2 years out, can announce this movie in 2014. Look at Marvel 2 untitled for 2016 won't know them til 2016.

It was said at CC Flash for 2016.

How many times have they announced a Justice League movie and date, only for it get cancelled?

I'd like to be optimistic, but I can't, especially given WB's track record.

Edited by Fancyarcher

It was said at CC Flash for 2016.

Not at Comic-Con. THR claimed that was going to be announced alongside Batman Vs. Superman and it wasn't. WB/DC hasn't uttered a word about that.

Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, but it is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with tentative plans for a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017, sources said.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-batman-film-set-comic-589521

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Current summer schedule for 2016:

May 6 - Marvel untitled

May 27 - Alice in Wonderland 2

June 10 - Amazing Spiderman 3

June 17 - Finding Dory

June 17 - HTTYD 3

July 1 - Angry Birds

July 1 - Independence Day 2

July 8 - Marvel untitled

July 15 - Anubis

Still lots of room for other titles to sneak in there. And of course half of those dtes listed above are going to change anyway.

I'm late to this news and hope it pans out as that article didn't mention any real timetable.

I guess they would recast entirely at this point. Wasn't the end of Dawntreader, with those actors(can't recall their names), a set up for Silver Chair. Those tween actors would be too old now right? 

Current summer schedule for 2016:

May 6 - Marvel untitled

May 27 - Alice in Wonderland 2

June 10 - Amazing Spiderman 3

June 17 - Finding Dory

June 17 - HTTYD 3

July 1 - Angry Birds

July 1 - Independence Day 2

July 8 - Marvel untitled

July 15 - Anubis

Still lots of room for other titles to sneak in there. And of course half of those dtes listed above are going to change anyway.

Jesus. Talk about a shitty lineup

• Like 3

Pirates 5 is likely dead or on hiatus. Will be interesting what films get the remaining two May dates, I'm thinking Star Trek 3 for May 13th and Fast 8 for May 20th plus HTTYD3 moving forward to June 3rd rather than staying In the same slot as Finding dory.

Disney is really aggressive. It's difficult for HTTYD lll to find a spot in May and June since it'll be near or get sandwiched by AIW ll and FD.

My solution while not ideal would be to put Trolls in summer and release HTTYD 3 in November or delay until summer 2017 and move up whatever they have scheduled for 2017 Spring and Summer up. Edited by Jonwo

Pirates 5 is likely dead or on hiatus. Will be interesting what films get the remaining two May dates, I'm thinking Star Trek 3 for May 13th and Fast 8 for May 20th plus HTTYD3 moving forward to June 3rd rather than staying In the same slot as Finding dory.

Still 3 dates left in July.