filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

At some point, the general audience will face some financial constraints that will limit their options.  They will see the first movie, then decide what other movie they will spend money on, waiting for the least favorite to be released on DVD.

Maybe that part of the GA that would normally flock to Watch STID in other circumstances will just wait for the movie they prefer, FF6 or HGIII or else because they have to make a choice based on their wallet.

This month is too messed up and every movie will pay the price for it to a certain extent.

If STID underperform, you can bet that the crowded month and subsequent overwhelming competition is the primal cause of it.

Most of the IMAX shows at Lincoln Square have only handicap seats left, so basically sold out. 

Meanwhile IM3 didn't sell out till the actual weekend.

Wtf!?

Edited by iTz ED

If Trek massively disappoints, I think the marketing deserves a lot more of the blame than the 4 year wait. Perhaps all of the blame.

Don't agree at all. I think marketing has been excellent. It's been going pretty full force since the Hobbit Imax 15 minute sneak peak. And its highlighted a lot of the money shots and spectacle well. The 4 year gap is a much bigger problem than the marketing.

• Like 2

If Trek massively disappoints, I think the marketing deserves a lot more of the blame than the 4 year wait. Perhaps all of the blame.

I thought the trailers were pretty good.

If STID disappoints, its because of the bad release date and perhaps the fact that the GA remembered that they aren't supposed to like Trek.

• Like 1

Most of the IMAX shows at Lincoln Square have only handicap seats left, so basically sold out. 

Wtf!?

Perhaps a sign that GA is much stronger for IM3 than STID?

• Like 1

4 year wait and releasing it in between IM3 and F6/H3 really screwed STID. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Opening up a can of worms here, but I'd argue the 4 year gap is part of the reason why even TDKR didn't live up to a lot of people's expectations. The GA is simply bound to become at least a little uninterested in a franchise after that much time between installments.

Wtf!?

A clear indication that your area is not a barometer for the rest of the country. 

Opening up a can of worms here, but I'd argue the 4 year gap is part of the reason why even TDKR didn't live up to a lot of people's expectations. The GA is simply bound to become at least a little uninterested in a franchise after that much time between installments.

Posted Image

I hope for 100 million+ 4-day.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Agreed. Although you have to wonder if Abrams could only make an OK sequel in 4 years, how bad would this have been with just 2 years of time?

Is it his direction that's not that good or is it the story he was given to direct? I'm inclined to think it was the later.