theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

This is what happens when you a put an unknown guy playing somebody people don't know who is (they should have

used the Khan's name in the marketing

and place it front and center in marketing. May was already full, and with Gatsby breaking out things became even harder for other movies. Fast 6 will murder it next weekend. It will be lucky to go over 200M.

Many people of the GA, and even me, still dont know who the f he is. They shoulve used a more known American actor instead of that characters name.
  • Like 2

FRIDAY 6:30 PM, 4TH UPDATE: No significant changes in numbers yet.

What timezone? :P

It is 8:03 PM here, 10:03 PM on the east coast and 7:03PM on the west

Many people of the GA, and even me, still dont know who the f he is. They shoulve used a more known American actor instead of that characters name.

They should have used the character's name and a bigger actor.

What is the deal with the big -spoiler- anyway? Why couldn't they just say who he is in the marketing? Isn't that the most iconic Trek villain anyway? So why the suspense? Kind of expected yeah?

I agree with this. It was a stupid idea and killed their biggest franchise.

• Like 1

You do realize that Paramount is the studio that killed TNG by:

Having a director who never watched a single episode direct a film and releasing it 5 days before Two Towers.

Edited by Impact

Fast 6 is going to explode.

It is going to be huge. WOM will be insane. Hangover is doomed and Star Trek will see a massive decrease.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

They should have used the character's name and a bigger actor.

JJ is cool with keeping secrets, but they should've revealed so and so long ago, and they should have given American audiences a reason to be interested. I didn't even know he was

super human, genetically engineered.

until I read Wikipedia, so the normal people, he looks just like any other person in the movie. Cumberbatch can act, but since Trek fares a lot better in the USA, they should've gotten a USA face that people actually know. That would've at least increased awareness.