theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Are people really hating on Pixar? Seems so wrong. I consider myself an intelligent person, and I find that just about every Pixar release is cinematically better in every way than literally 90% of modern Hollywood movies.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the first Star Trek but at the time everyone I knew who had seen it loved it. And for a lot of them that was the first one they'd seen.I've downloaded the first film to see what it's like.

I'm a Trekkie but I'm actually not a very big fan of these JJ Abrams Treks. I don't like the altered timeline/rebooted stuff. I wish Abrams had made a new Trek, with a new crew, new characters and a new ship instead of going back to the Kirk/Spock TOS era.

Edited by scottb

Are people really hating on Pixar? Seems so wrong. I consider myself an intelligent person, and I find that just about every Pixar release is cinematically better in every way than literally 90% of modern Hollywood movies.

Ugh.

Are people really hating on Pixar?

Yes, because their latest movies weren`t up to the snuff yet Pixar hype was enough to net underwhelming Brave awards that should have been lavished on other, much more deserving animation.

$25-27M for STiD is a pretty good gross. It should wind up even with the first Star Trek's OW gross. It's mildly disappointing, though.

You haven't seen Rth's latest update. Edited by DeeCee

I still find it bizarre how hard some people find it to understand quiet simple plot points in a movie. Even if you don't buy at least understand it.

If I had a nickle for every time I heard somebody call something they didn't like in a movie a plot hole, I'd be a millionaire.  Its one of the most misused words on the internet.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

That's probably true, but I can see why some people might not be into movies involve talking animals, cars, robots, toys, fish...ect.

So will Fast and the Furious 6 have the same ceiling for audience growth that Star Trek 2 had?

Many expected both sequels to have huge increases but Star Trek 2 shows some movies have limited growth potential.

Thing with ST09 and KFP is that well-received first movie doesn`t mean there`s huge interest for more. Some franchises translate into huge sequels some don`t. I don`t exactly know why it is so but I`d say that there`s a difference between liking somehting or loving something in general and really getting invested in something (usually a character). If something creates an obsession, that tends to explode. I don`t think that ST09 appreciation went anywhere close to that.