theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

3x is a minimum. So if it does 100m, 300m is a lock. 

From the 4-day? Indiana Jones 4 had a 2.5 multiplier for comparison, and the amount of competition is insane in the next few weeks. I think that a 2.75 multiplier is the very maximum it can get, and even that's very generous.

It's a science. You have such a long and thorough history of numbers to work with that you can build trends off of early results and predict the outcome.

Yeah but where they falter is just going off east coast trends. They rarely seem to factor in the west coast.

Star Trek should play pretty well over the weekend. I feel that, while it's core fanbase is big, Trek will still end up much less frontloaded than most big franchises these days. While I did expect a $100 million weekend, as long as it matches Trek 09's attendence things will be perfectly fine.

I haven't seen a sellout for a 3D movie since the Avengers. Seriously. Except for certain films, people hate 3D.

A Gatsby 3D show sold out at that theater. Granted it was probably on a smaller screen but sellouts are common at that theater, even for 3D films.

The 9:45 IMAX at Lincoln Sqaure has about 10 seats left in the front row so chalk that up as a sellout. I was expecting more at the Regal Union Sqaure. Only 3 2D sellouts so far and no 3D.

Regal Union Square is a funny theater.  Star Trek has 4 sell outs actually. 1 3D has sold out.

Gatsby has 4 sell outs  Okay that's expected.

But damn Peeples has 1. That is unexpected, lol.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a sellout for a 3D movie since the Avengers. Seriously. Except for certain films, people hate 3D.

IM3 has a few 3d sell outs but not many.

Regal Union Square is a funny theater.  Star Trek has 4 sell outs actually. 1 3D has sold out.

Huh, must've just sold out because I checked like 5 minutes ago.

From the 4-day? Indiana Jones 4 had a 2.5 multiplier for comparison, and the amount of competition is insane in the next few weeks. I think that a 2.75 multiplier is the very maximum it can get, and even that's very generous.

Well, Trek 2 has better reviews, so it will probably have better legs.  We'll see.

If it gets to 100m over the 4-day then yes, 300m will happen. If the OW is around 90, then ST2 should settle for 275m. I don't know why do you guys expect bad legs, the first film opened to 75m and ended up over 250m. Or opening higher is a bad thing? WoM is good.

I hope Peeples pulls upset of the ages.

• Like 2