theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

What Rich said. I think FF6 is ready to explode. Looks like 70m is now the best case scenario for the weekend. In that case 200m is in serious question and Paramount is screwed with this franchise. But yay, IM3 didn't die! And Gatsby held okay!

• Like 2

Iron Man in its fourth weekend, Star Trek under-performing and Hangover 3? Man, Furious 6 is gonna tear it up.

It will be glorious. Pure dominance next weekend. And Hangover is opening on the Thursday, not Friday.

What Rich said. I think FF6 is ready to explode.Looks like 70m is now the best case scenario for the weekend. In that case 200m is in serious question and Paramount is screwed with this franchise.But yay, IM3 didn't die! And Gatsby held okay!

Paramount's biggest franchise is now GI Joe. :lol:

In the cinema there's a poster for Hangover 3 that says

"From director Todd Phillips

Written by Todd Phillips

Directed By Todd Phillips"

With NO other credits on it. What an ego. I hope when it flops it humanises him just a little. :lol:

• Like 5

What Rich said. I think FF6 is ready to explode.Looks like 70m is now the best case scenario for the weekend. In that case 200m is in serious question and Paramount is screwed with this franchise.But yay, IM3 didn't die! And Gatsby held okay!

Are they really?  It seems like there's always going to be a Star Trek film every few years just like there will always be a James Bond film.

• Like 1

Written by Todd Phillips

With NO other credits on it. What an ego. I hope when it flops it humanises him just a little. :lol:

Is Todd Phillips also staring in the movie? :P

Are they really? It seems like there's always going to be a Star Trek film every few years just like there will always be a James Bond film.

Paramount/Bad Robot loses the rights to the franchise in 2016. Which means they have to make a sequel to a movie that may not break even in theaters and JJ is too busy to help them right now.

He was saying 400-415 for Star Trek last weekend, correct?

last weekend yes. Friday he lowered it to 300m. But he said Tuesday was IM3's last day to make money and it would be done when Trek came out, lol.

Written by Todd Phillips

I'm sure that if it flops we'll be hearing loud and clear who the assistant director and co-writers were so the blame can be shifted, but if it does well Todd Phillips will be the only name we ever hear. :P

He was saying 400-415 for Star Trek last weekend, correct?

I believe that is where you would cue up the Price is Right fail horn.*

*I would but I'm at work and don't have access to youtube

• Like 1