theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

If you were wise enough to put STID behind IM3, Man of Steel, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, AND Fast & Furious 6... you may be okay in the summer game. There's no significant 200m contenders left in the summer.

I had Trek under IM3, MU, DM2, but not FF6 and MOS  :sadno:

Well he said West Coast was doing better than east coast when he said 26-28m. But I saw very few sell outs even at Jay's theater Irvine Spectrum. Imax sold out a couple of shows but nothing else did not even 2d or 3d. But the shows ran pretty late. Even though the evening shows were probably full the late shows must have been completely empty. I was still seeing sell outs for Gatsby and even a couple for Iron Man3.

Yeah my 10:30 viewing wasn't sold out but pretty full. Metreon was pretty crowded as well.

Would people on this site please stop throwing around the word flop like it's some cute internet meme. The Hobbit wasn't a flop, and neither is this. Box office disappointment? Yes. But not flop.

Flop: A film that people enjoy hating on that doesn't quite match huge expectations. That's the official definition, I think.

Would people on this site please stop throwing around the word flop like it's some cute internet meme. The Hobbit wasn't a flop, and neither is this. Box office disappointment? Yes. But not flop. 

I could see this beeing somewhat of a financial disappointment. It looks like it will make about 210m domestic and about 230m overseas and about 440m worldwide. Not that impressive for a film with a 190m budget. 

How about Paramount simply sucks ?

IM ---- IM2

KFP ---- KFP2

ST ---- STID

Disappointing performance from sequels to great first blockbusters is nothing new for Paramount ...

Funny because TF -> TF2 worked out pretty well

Guess they just shit the bed after that  :lol:

Except there's no reason for anyone to enjoy hating on it since it's a perfectly good (very good) movie.

Look at the WWW thread. People are enjoying its misfortune. And no, it's not a good film. Edited by lab276

Oddly my showing on Thursday was about 75% full. (Then again a lot of older folks were there, there tickets were less so I guess that is what happened :P)

How about Paramount simply sucks ?

IM ---- IM2

KFP ---- KFP2

ST ---- STID

Disappointing performance from sequels to great first blockbusters is nothing new for Paramount ...

Transformers was a fluke.

What would be a "safe" number for STiD today?

I think between 20-40% jump? It's a big range I know, but that's what I see people expect around here  :)

Edited by Sam