Kalo

Top 10 Villians in Film

not in any order...

alex delarge (a clockwork orange)

anton chigurh (no country for old men)

hal-9000 (2001)

the joker (the dark knight)

two face (the dark knight)

tyler durden (fight club) (yes that counts)

dr. evil (austin powers)

big brother (1984 - 1956)

i think that's it for the moment

Edited by lisa
  • Like 1

not in any order...

alex delarge (a clockwork orange)

anton chigurh (no country for old men)

hal-9000 (2001)

the joker (the dark knight)

two face (the dark knight)

tyler durden (fight club) (yes that counts)

dr. evil (austin powers)

big brother (1984 - 1956)

i think that's it for the moment

Unfairly eclipsed by Joker (I forgot to put him in my list :unsure: ), but he was awesome.

A few (I think) no one mentioned.

Norman Bates -Psycho

Annie Wilkes - Misery

The Child Catcher - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Baby Jane Hudson - Whatever happened to baby Jane?

Don Logan - Sexy Beast

Nurse Ratched - One flew over the Cuckoos nest

Jack Torrance - The Shining

The Borg Queen - Star Trek First Contact

• Like 2

I am surprised only one person mention Ralph Fiennes for his brilliant and terrifying portrayal of Amon Goth in Schindler's list. Same goes for Gary Oldman for Leon. Or Anton Chigurh, Roy Batty for blade runner, Annie Wilkies for misery,Hans Landa for IB, Ledger for Tdk, Captain Videl in PL, Warden Samuel in TSR, Commodus in Gladiator,Frank booth for BV, Bill cutting for Gony, John Doe for Se7en, Norman bates for psycho, Agent smith. These names should pop more often than the superhero movie villains like Bane, Loki etc..lol

First of all, anyone who doesn't have Darth Vader as the greatest movie villain of all time is simply wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Bill cutting for Gony,

Excellent choice. I see one or two other people mentioned him, but he just ate that movie up, didn't he?

The Terminator

The Aliens queen

The T 1000

THe Human Race ( The Abyss and Avatar)

The Iceberg ( Titanic)

Radical Islamists ( True Lies)

you forgot the flying piranhas

• Like 3

First of all, anyone who doesn't have Darth Vader as the greatest movie villain of all time is simply wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Excellent choice. I see one or two other people mentioned him, but he just ate that movie up, didn't he?

you forgot the flying piranhas

Absolute truths for a relative world... he is one of the best, without doubt, but the best? it is debatable

+1

It's not even close for me, but I was a kid during the original trilogy so it is probably a generational thing.

And yeah, putting Loki on a top 10 list of the greatest villains of all time is an insult to cinema. I pity the fools who only watch superhero movies.

No offense, but having Darth Vader at number 7 below characters like Verbal Kint and Hans Landa AND Michael Corleone is an insult to cinema.  :)

No offense, but having Darth Vader at number 7 below characters like Verbal Kint and Hans Landa AND Michael Corleone is an insult to cinema.   :)

I can understand that someone can prefer Darth Vader over Michael Corleone, but I think is exagerated calling it an insult to cinema if the order is inverse. Michael Corleone is one of the greatest characters ever (of course, it is just my opinion)

• Like 1

But i was just responding to his response.  I'm all for people having their own opinion.  But he called out other members first.  :)

• Like 1