pensivepenguin

Monday numbers - STiD 8M, IM3 3.2M, TGG 2.7M

Disney is locked to have 4 movies in the top 10 with a chance if Frozen or LR break out, 5. Has studio ever had that many movies in top 10 before?

WB had HBP, The Hangover, The Blind Side and Sherlock Holmes in its top 10 in 2009.

Paramount had Iron Man, Indy 4, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar 2 in 2008.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

Blockbuster of the year.

I'm right because I'm Fucking Australian.

The year hasn`t even started properly and I assure you that it won`t be remembered in 3 months let alone end of the year. Boxoffice isn`t there and it`s reviewed as inferior to ST09. So good luck with Blockbuster of the year hyperbole. Doesn`t hold water nor nor it will when FF6,etc crush its wobbely legs.

If STiD is sitting around $95-98m on the edge of the 4-day weekend that would be a good sign.

3-day drop predicts? 60%(conservative perhaps with FF6?)

4-day drop predicts?(55%)

So maybe STiD can be around $130m +/- by next Tuesday actuals? Which at day 12 of release still has it about 15% behind ST09, good/bad?? I'm thinking not bad for one who never saw a drastic increase over '09 happening. The '09 film was better than I could've hoped for on multiple fronts. 

If STiD is sitting around $95-98m on the edge of the 4-day weekend that would be a good sign.

3-day drop predicts? 60%(conservative perhaps with FF6?)

4-day drop predicts?(55%)

So maybe STiD can be around $130m +/- by next Tuesday actuals? Which at day 12 of release still has it about 15% behind ST09, good/bad?? I'm thinking not bad for one who never saw a drastic increase over '09 happening. The '09 film was better than I could've hoped for on multiple fronts. 

You're forgetting the 13.5m it made on Wednesday night/Thursday.

If it follows OST's drops from this point, it would be looking at a 40m 3 day/ 50m 4 day. While I do expect it to hold better than OST during the week, I don't see it coming near OST's 140% Friday increase which is the the real deal breaker in that happening. I think it can manage around a 55% drop for the 3 day.

• Like 3

The year hasn`t even started properly and I assure you that it won`t be remembered in 3 months let alone end of the year. Boxoffice isn`t there and it`s reviewed as inferior to ST09. So good luck with Blockbuster of the year hyperbole. Doesn`t hold water nor nor it will when FF6,etc crush its wobbely legs.

Does BoxOffice determine how good I find a film? No. Does it determine what you like Fishnets? Do you sit in an empty movie theatre going 'holy shit this movie is freaking awesome if only there were more people watching it!'. No of course not. So yes "Box Office is shit" not the best argument in the world against the quality of a film is it? Infact one could say your point is a little bit Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

As for its reviews it is holding very fresh on rotten-tomatoes. It is a very well reviewed film with a fresh rating of 86%. And while it is not quite as well reviewed as its predecessor it is still reviewed at a level that any blockbuster should be happy to achieve.  So your point really once again all a bit Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah isn't it!

As for blockbuster of the year, in my opinion it holds that title right this second. Obviously as anyone who thinks about my statement for more than 1.34 Vulcan seconds would be able to tell you, that of course that can change by the end of the year as I watch more and more films. However at this point of time, IMO it holds that title. So really your whole post is a little bit....

Posted Image

• Like 4

WB had HBP, The Hangover, The Blind Side and Sherlock Holmes in its top 10 in 2009.

Paramount had Iron Man, Indy 4, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar 2 in 2008.

Thanks so no 5. Disney need Frozen or LR to breakout and they'll have another record.

Does BoxOffice determine how good I find a film? No. Does it determine what you like Fishnets? Do you sit in an empty movie theatre going 'holy shit this movie is freaking awesome if only there were more people watching it!'. No of course not. So yes "Box Office is shit" not the best argument in the world against the quality of a film is it? Infact one could say your point is a little bit Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

As for its reviews it is holding very fresh on rotten-tomatoes. It is a very well reviewed film with a fresh rating of 86%. And while it is not quite as well reviewed as its predecessor it is still reviewed at a level that any blockbuster should be happy to achieve.  So your point really once again all a bit Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah isn't it!

As for blockbuster of the year, in my opinion it holds that title right this second. Obviously as anyone who thinks about my statement for more than 1.34 Vulcan seconds would be able to tell you, that of course that can change by the end of the year as I watch more and more films. However at this point of time, IMO it holds that title. So really your whole post is a little bit....

Posted Image

And no offense but your block of text post is more than 3 x Blah. You asked for this,sir. Your opinion worths nothing just like mine.

So we can agree based on your response that you a) hates movies that fail to hit 300Mb ) Thinks movies that are rated at 86% fresh are poorly received by critics

c) Can debate about as well as a horse would in a court of law.

Edited by Phil in the Darkness
  • Like 1

Blockbuster of the year is im3 in terms of being a big hit movie that did well beyond expectations.

In terms of its performance at the BO then yeah, sure.

But I am talking about what is my favourite 'tentpole' film so far. 

p.s. Iron Man 3 is also fricken awesome and falls just short IMO

Guys, I know what you think will happen and I`m telling you now it won`t. I have a great hunch for those things and I didn`t feel anything. I knew Hems would be big and he is and I knew Claf would be Finnick and he is but I felt nothing, absolutely nothing this time around. It isn`t happening. 10 movies a year won`t change that. End of.

By fishnets logic IM3 won't be remembered since it has worse box office and reviews than Avengers.

This opinion is worthless just like all other opinions. All opinions are equally worthless no matter how well thought out or logically sound they are.

I just think there are a lot of our posters that must live sad lives to be so invested in these films like some are..... Opinions are unique I fail to understand why we feel the need to jump on people for their opinions.And it's my opinion that Star Trek is the blockbuster of the year so far as well.....