pensivepenguin

Monday numbers - STiD 8M, IM3 3.2M, TGG 2.7M

Guys, I know what you think will happen and I`m telling you now it won`t. I have a great hunch for those things and I didn`t feel anything. I knew Hems would be big and he is and I knew Claf would be Finnick and he is but I felt nothing, absolutely nothing this time around. It isn`t happening. 10 movies a year won`t change that. End of.

You admitted your opinion is worthless.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

But I guess you knew that which is why you have fish in your name.

• Like 1

This opinion is worthless just like all other opinions. All opinions are equally worthless no matter how well thought out or logically sound they are.

"Opinions are like assholes.." 

I dont remember the rest of that

I don't know guys... I'm pretty disappointed with Trek 2's inability to increase sales from Trek as well. But, it's certainly a blockbuster. I mean, it's likely going to gross nearly $500M WW and $200M D. It's a blockbuster. Iron Man 3's an uber-blockbuster likely to finish with $1.2B WW. That's crazy money.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Blockbuster_(entertainment)

"Although the term 'blockbuster' was originally defined by audience response, after a while the term came to mean a high-budget production aimed at mass markets, with associated merchandising, on which the financial fortunes of film studio or distributor depended. It was defined by its production budget and marketing effort rather than its success and popularity, and was essentially a tag which a film's marketing gave itself. In this way it became possible to refer to films such as Hollywood's Godzilla (1998) or Last Action Hero as both a blockbuster and a box-office disaster.[9]"

That would be my definition of Blockbuster. STID was certainly designed  as a big buget film aimed at the masses. Wether it is a successful one financially remains to be seen. 

Edited by Phil in the Darkness

So we should expect some films to stay flat or even drop a little on Tuesday?

(If a film goes up on Tuesday, can we declare that it's more popular in the US than Canada?)

A drop is most likely.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Is it true that there are no rental stores in the US anymore? We finns still have a rather healthy culture of renting movies. If you go to a Makuuni- ental store on a friday at 10PM, the whole place is full.

Is it true that there are no rental stores in the US anymore? We finns still have a rather healthy culture of renting movies. If you go to a Makuuni- ental store on a friday at 10PM, the whole place is full.

Theres some blockbusters left, but its like 5% of what it was. The one that was close to me turned into an exercise place and the other across town just plain old closed. We had Hollywood Video too, but that closed years ago. Netflix and Redbox is what everyone uses now. Blockbuster would be extinct now if Dish Network didn't buy it.

Edited by jandrew

RedBox, Netflix, torrents and Comcast essentially destroyed 'em unfortunayely. Disappointing 'cause I recall taking the sound advice of video rental clerks as a kid and finding some great classics and overlooked gems.

There are still a few here and there, but in general there's no need for them when you can rent movies for $1 at Redbox