pensivepenguin

Monday numbers - STiD 8M, IM3 3.2M, TGG 2.7M

Ok, so you are really crossing the line between playful banter and personal insults. I`m putting you on Ignore cause I don`t want to be dragged into a flame war. And I said my opinion is as worhtless as yours. There.

I applaud your decision!

Posted Image

• Like 3

I don't think we can predict anything on its legs till we see how it holds up against FF and Hangover

This holiday weekend should tell the tale for quite a few movies. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I wonder if it gives Christmas '09, the biggest weekend ever I believe, a run for its money. It may be close... At any rate, it may become the highest grossing Memorial Day weekend to date.

What is the largest Memorial Day weekend to date box office wise? 2011?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

This holiday weekend should tell the tale for quite a few movies. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I wonder if it gives Christmas '09, the biggest weekend ever I believe, a run for its money. It may be close... At any rate, it may become the highest grossing Memorial Day weekend to date.

It's going to be fascinating to see isn't it. My personal opinion is that Star Trek will not be as affected by these openers as many here are predicting. I feel that while there is obviously going to be some overlap, the ST and FF/Hangover demos are different enough that it will hold up reasonably well.

Guys, I know what you think will happen and I`m telling you now it won`t. I have a great hunch for those things and I didn`t feel anything. I knew Hems would be big and he is and I knew Claf would be Finnick and he is but I felt nothing, absolutely nothing this time around. It isn`t happening. 10 movies a year won`t change that. End of.

Posted Image

BTC#s HNOV3 (26/20/22/19.3/12.7) 100, FAST6 (32/28/23.5/16.5) 100, EPIC (8/12/11/9) 40 Next 5 weeks inside...

3 Day holds - TREK2 38.6, IRNM3 21.5, GATSB 14.4 {nm}

Opening 5/31
AE13D - 40.0
NYSME - 18.0

Opening 6/7
NTERN - 28.0
PURGE - 18.0

Opening 6/14
SUPR2 - 125.0
JSVSA - 40.0 (5 day)

Opening 6/21
MONS2 - 75.0
WWARZ - 50.0

Opening 6/28
WHDWN - 40.0
KHLME - 15.0
THEAT - 40.0

• Founder / Operator

Thanks! Damn that was a big weekend.I could've sworn there was a thread about this as well but the search doesn't return the thread.

Hmm, this one?

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3712-has-memorial-weekend-been-diluted-in-moviegoers-eyes/

Can monday with holiday across the board was up 121% on preview week, USA -40

Can Mkshare monday was around 25% compared to 11% for weekend

STid monday Can was 25% mkshare -21% from sun (USA -70% from sun)

• Like 4