druv10

Wednesday: Hangover 3 ($3.1m Wed+Thu sneaks), STID 5.3M, TGG 2.3M, IM3 2.2M

20M Thu ? Epic start for a shit movie. Apparently it didn't collapse like some people suggest (around 10 M OD). Shit happens.

I question its ability to reach that 20M mark today. Even moreso I question those Fri-Mon numbers.

Edited by Jay Beezy

^ Not that I'm encouraging the movie to do well, but the hangover series has always been a late night movie. It'll probably just go over or under 20m today including the previews/midnights.

It's down 56% from Hangover 2, which was also a Thursday. If the entire day is like that, that would put its Thursday at $9.1m, not including last night. It could end up less way less frontloaded than 2, of course, but it's not what I'm currently predicting.

It's down 56% from Hangover 2, which was also a Thursday. If the entire day is like that, that would put its Thursday at $9.1m, not including last night. It could end up less way less frontloaded than 2, of course, but it's not what I'm currently predicting.

It'll be less frontloaded on OW from OD because they blinked too late. But after that, it's all downhill.

BTC had an amazing run of predictions lately, but I really can't see H3 doing 17m today, especially, when it states, that H3 is doing 56% less than H2 in comparison.

To put that into perspective: H2 did 21m on thursday without midnights and should have had a slower matinee with a much bigger midnight number, but it's still much stronger than H3 there.

Doesn't seem convincing at all.

What threat?  I didn't find Cumberbatch threatening at all.  

To me, anytime the hero and villain team up, I can't buy that villain as the big bad anymore.  He loses any real threat that he/she may have built up.

IDK,

anytime a bad guy breaks someone's leg just to get them out of their way and then crushes someone's head is pretty darn threatening.

;)

• Like 1

It isn't really the most encouraging of signs, though, that its predecessor, being the most direct comparison without being entirely comparable due to certain factors, was making more than twice this one in matinees at this point.

No it doesn't, but in BTC I trust :P It's nailed pretty much every movie so far, I'd be dumb to vote against it.

No it doesn't, but in BTC I trust :P It's nailed pretty much every movie so far, I'd be dumb to vote against it.

20M is just a projection, but with the information we have, it seems too optimistic. It puts it at nearly 2/3 of Hangover 2's opening day, but with 3M in previews vs. 10M for Hangover 2, and 56% less that Hangover 2 so far during the day, I'm not seeing where the math makes it end up at 20M, unless there is a major uptick in tonight's business.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Watch TH3 rebound and beat F6 on Friday.

:P

Impossible from the theaters around here.

Fast Six will go past 30 million Friday easily.  

Its not doing 20 million today, business is dead compared to Ho2. 

Edited by Lordmandeep