#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I think that's a conservative projection for TH3, but, the WOM makes it somewhat feasible. $41-44m seems do-able.

So then you're expecting a Sat increase? TH2 had the exact same release date and dropped slightly on Saturday.

Edited by MovieMan89

The West Coast is doing a great job. Now we just need those East Coast people to man up, stop being lazy and go to the theaters, it's just a little rain, no big deal  :P

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

So then you're expecting a Sat increase? TH2 had the exact same release date and dropped slightly on Saturday.

It's hard to say but TH3 already deviated from TH2's path on Friday with a big increase. I think it was probably because of the release date change, but, we'll see. I also have a hard time not seeing WB make sure it gets over $40m. Just think F6 has caused TH3 to be more backloaded in general. WOM will kill that in the long run, though.

Edited by ShawnMR

The West Coast is doing a great job. Now we just need those East Coast people to man up, stop being lazy and go to the theaters, it's just a little rain, no big deal :P

I went. It's also really windy.

• Founder / Operator

The West Coast is doing a great job. Now we just need those East Coast people to man up, stop being lazy and go to the theaters, it's just a little rain, no big deal :P

Not sure about other areas, but, rain is usually what keeps people in the theaters around the south. When it's nice out and not super hot (like today in TN), business is hurt.

Not sure about other areas, but, rain is usually what keeps people in the theaters around the south. When it's nice out and not super hot (like today in TN), business is hurt.

It's kind of a hassle. But the city is still crowded as usual anyway.

• Like 1

WAY too windy. Was gonna see Frances Ha today but it's easier to stay in, get high and watch Arrested Development on IFC all day.

• Like 1

It's hard to say but TH3 already deviated from TH2's path on Friday with a big increase. I think it was probably because of the release date change, but, we'll see. I also have a hard time not seeing WB make sure it gets over $40m. Just think F6 has caused TH3 to be more backloaded in general. WOM will kill that in the long run, though.

Yeah, you're right, I probably did lowball it. 40m is a safer bet. Still though, it's gonna be tough for this weekend to beat the December '09 one. Possible, but tough.

Gonna be very close I think as to whether or not this weekend breaks the biggest weekend record.

rest of top 12: 12-18m

245-264m

Record is 259m. If it misses it it will be because of Flopover.

18M is probably way too high for the bottom half of the top 12.

Fast and Furious 6 is actually the best 2013 movie I've seen yet, though I've yet to watch stuff like To the Wonder, Star Trek, 42..

To The Wonder is shit. It's Malick seeing how far he can push his shtick until it starts to piss off even his biggest fanboys.

Fast and Furious 6 is actually the best 2013 movie I've seen yet, though I've yet to watch stuff like To the Wonder, Star Trek, 42..

Movies I've seen this year (ranked)

01. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

02. OBLIVION

02. LIFE OF PI

04. FAST AND FURIOUS Vl

05. IRON MAN lll

05. THE CROODS

07. OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

07. LES MISERABLES

09. G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

09. JACK THE GIANT SLAYER

11. A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

To The Wonder is shit. It's Malick seeing how far he can push his shtick until it starts to piss off even his biggest fanboys.

Get used to it because Mallick started to do heroine at 65 and he is shooting 3 movies a year now and every Hollywood actor is having a part in one of those.

I have a hard time believing Universal will let Fast 6 be under 100m for the weekend if it comes as close as we think it's gonna get. They haven't had a 100m OW and they can easily take some from whatever it does Monday and just stick it in the weekend numbers.

• Like 1