#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I'm so proud of my country. I saw a screening of Fast 6 packed full of teenagers like me, and no one was texting or acting annoying. It just never happens here, not even with those dumb looking kids who act really crappy on the streets. We know to stfu and act approppriate when we go see a movie

• Like 2

For reference, here's BOM estimates for Sunday FF6: 28.8STiD: 13.58THO3: 13.2Epic: 11.48IM3: 6.8TGG: 4.6 If Trek can hit the high end of Rth range, it's not that far away from BOM estimates.

Those are studio numbers, not BOM's numbers.
  • Like 1

Those are studio numbers, not BOM's numbers.

Oh, I didn't know, sorry, got it from BOM though so I thought  :mellow:

Thanks for the correction. Fixed now.

I'm so proud of my country. I saw a screening of Fast 6 packed full of teenagers like me, and no one was texting or acting annoying. It just never happens here, not even with those dumb looking kids who act really crappy on the streets. We know to stfu and act approppriate when we go see a movie

Jack, do you live in a big city or small town?

Over here, teenagers, girls and boys, behave like disrespectful dipshits at the movies.

Jack, do you live in a big city or small town?

Over here, teenagers, girls and boys, behave like disrespectful dipshits at the movies.

Its a town of 74 000 people so I guess its kinda small. We have the biggest multiplex of the county, though. In january there are like 13 different movies playing on four screens. 

Joensuu actually was the most infamous city in Finland back in the 90's. There were tons of skinheads and violent crimes going on. I dont know what happened but now things are considerably better. 

Its a town of 74 000 people so I guess its kinda small. We have the biggest multiplex of the county, though. In january there are like 13 different movies playing on four screens. 

Joensuu actually was the most infamous city in Finland back in the 90's. There were tons of skinheads and violent crimes going on. I dont know what happened but now things are considerably better. 

You're not a skinhead, are you? Considering you got white dudes with attitudes on your avatar.

That was a great weekend.

Furious 6 is doing great. It didn't reach some crazy numbers tossed around but it increased over the last one and it will increase its total also. Since i think it has a standard audience that won't expand like crazy i see it reaching 240m or so. A truly great number.

The third Hangover is the big loser of the weekend. I think reviews hurt it along with the competition. It will make a profit but it's a big disappointment no way around it.

Star Trek rebounded. It will get to 220m or so. Solid but i still consider it a disappointment. No one thought it will gross less than the first and the OS are not that good considering the big marketing push, the expanded markets and the 3d.

Epic did some solid numbers. It has some time until Monsters University arrives.

Iron Man 3 had a great hold and keeps having an awesome run. Obviously the GA likes the film. I see it reaching 410m.

And The Great Gatsby is doing much better than i thought. A nice surprise and another reason to consider Di Caprio one of the biggest stars worldwide.

• Like 2

Its a town of 74 000 people so I guess its kinda small. We have the biggest multiplex of the county, though. In january there are like 13 different movies playing on four screens. Joensuu actually was the most infamous city in Finland back in the 90's. There were tons of skinheads and violent crimes going on. I dont know what happened but now things are considerably better.

For some reason I always assumed you were near the coast. That's not far from the Russian border.

It depends on the film really.

Something lM3 doing like 2.5 would be solid, while MOS getting a 2.5 multiplier would be horrid. 

Perhaps it appears the people watch these films are just people? 

Well, that's interesting.  I'm still very much a novice at this whole box office intake thing.  Why would MOS having a 2.5 multiplier be horrid? 

Well, that's interesting.  I'm still very much a novice at this whole box office intake thing.  Why would MOS having a 2.5 multiplier be horrid? 

It wouldn't be... But, the larger a film opens (Iron Man Three $174.1M), no matter how stellar, the more difficult it is to have a high mulitplier. If Man Of Steel opens where BKB expects it too a 2.5 multiplier would mean barely $200M.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Went to the theater to watch FAF6 last night at 7:15pm. The only thing sold out at that point for the night was STID. And three couples (all middle aged) in line tried to get tickets for it while I was in line too.