#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Saw this one tumblr

Fast and furious 6

I went and saw fast and furious 6 first time seeing one in theaters. This is the only long series of movies that I’ve never been disappointed by. This one was just as good as the first one. I can’t wait to see the 7th one with Bruce Willis.

Posted Image

• Like 1

"We Own It", the Fast and Furious 6 theme song by Wiz Khalifa and 2 Chainz, has climbed to number TWO on I-Tunes in America! It should get radio airplay soon. This is great because it's free publicity for Fast Six and it being at #2 is remarkable consider yesterday it was at #6 and also considering that its probably been illegally downloaded a lot. People will here the song, see the cover, google Fast 6, and discover the goodness. I love the song myself.

Also, yes Michael it will.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

"We Own It", the Fast and Furious 6 theme song by Wiz Khalifa and 2 Chainz, has climbed to number TWO on I-Tunes in America! It should get radio airplay soon. This is great because it's free publicity for Fast Six and it being at #2 is remarkable consider yesterday it was at #6 and also considering that its probably been illegally downloaded a lot. People will here the song, see the cover, google Fast 6, and discover the goodness. I love the song myself.

Also, yes Michael it will.

At the very least F&F 6 will have the third biggest OW of the summer (after IM3 and MOS) and assuming the Hobbit Part 2 stays doesn't increase then it should be the 4th biggest or 5th biggest OW of the year after CF and TDW.

you expect Thor to open above 95m?

• Like 1

Thats because it was Scream 2 it was worse than just estimate it was reported actual  opening weekend at 39.2m it was about 3-4 days later (From memory Friday of the next weekend ) that a correction was made and reduced the number to 32.9, at the time you should have heard the uproar about it.

Thanks for clearing things up, though that was obviously not a case of classic overestimating.

I guess I was too young to hear the uproar about wrong reported boc office numbers in a foreign country back then. ;)

But if you google for "Scream 3" and "estimates", you get some articles, that have an estimate, that's just half a million Dollar bigger than actuals. 

Don't know where that 9m number came from. It just wouldn't make sense. As I said before, maybe that was the estimate after friday numbers, but no way they overestimated it by 9m after they had that saturday number.

Thats because it was Scream 2 it was worse than just estimate it was reported actual  opening weekend at 39.2m it was about 3-4 days later (From memory Friday of the next weekend ) that a correction was made and reduced the number to 32.9, at the time you should have heard the uproar about it.

Thanks for clearing things up, though that was obviously not a case of classic overestimating.

I guess I was too young to hear the uproar about wrong reported boc office numbers in a foreign country back then. ;)

:) the uproar I remember that along with other ones but that was a classic because it remained reported at 39.2 , now if BOM board existed back then it would have probably gnerated 200 pages of discussion lol

The initial friday opening est was 14.380m, the eventual adjusted actual a week later was 12.602m for friday, Miramax had issued a weekend BO correction on the fri 19th, from memory the weekend est was 39m actual 39.2 then correction 32.9

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

RTH, how did Lincoln Square and Empire do this weekend?

Everyone in NYC (well isl Manhatten) went to Empire 25 (overall #1 national by 1 1/2 times nearest) with FF6 in NYC the nearest theatre was in Queens then one in Brooklyn then back to Manhatten Union Square (about 1/3 of Empire take). Stid the biggest was Lincoln Square (6th in NYC with FF6)  Then U Squ then E-Walk.

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

Nope Sheephead bay 14

lol... Wtf.. I don't even know how that place makes money. It's like south of Brooklyn. It's got a LieMax but I don't see anything special about it.I fully expect Empire 25 to be #1 and Lincoln Square #2 for MoS.

Thanks for clearing things up, though that was obviously not a case of classic overestimating.I guess I was too young to hear the uproar about wrong reported boc office numbers in a foreign country back then. ;)

Sorry Poseidon I did mean scream 2 cause that was 1997 you should read guru's articles from that time frame good memories.
  • Like 1

They'll both pass 200m and stall out soon after. I don't think it's impossible for trek to finish above FF6.

Trek will end up with about $225-$230m.  FF6 with probably $10m more but MoS will be huge and will eat into FF6 more than ST.

Edited by lilmac

The upcoming second frame should tell the tale. That said, should add another $21M to $24M Tuesday through Thursday. So, even a drop to $35M this coming weekend would have Furious 6 sitting comfortably at $175M+ after just 10 days. I think it grosses $225M+ as a minimum.

It'll either be a photo finish between Star Trek and Furious 6 or FF6 by about $10m

Edited by lilmac