#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Not many sellouts for anything in my area...only 1 at the Irvine Spectrum so far. I don't if there have been any earlier.

West coast suburbs not representin'?

Irvine Spectrum just posted that sell out.  Check Ontario and Long Beach.

the fact they are still saying 35m indicates that 35m is pretty much where it is ending up

I find it funny that every weekend we put such trust in early numbers for a big opener even thought they have always been wrong in either direction and it has been like 3 times already this month lolz. 

It has been time proven again and again nothing is really certain till past way late into the night. 

I think we should establish a sort of a quasi rule that for a big film numbers on Friday not should be seen as accurate at all.

Pretty much every big opener was missed ... TA, TDKR, IM3, and the ST over predicted last week. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

the fact they are still saying 35m indicates that 35m is pretty much where it is ending up

If it does Im still happy and I bet my ass so is Universal. Not so much Hangover 3 studio. Which is Paramount?

Fast and furious is very popular in Cali, I wouldn't be surprised if estimates went up.

Wouldn't the earlier estimates already include F6 west coast popularity though? They could be using F5 as a guide and the it could go up only if F6 is more popular now.

Wouldn't the earlier estimates already include F6 west coast popularity though? They could be using F5 as a guide and the it could go up only if F6 is more popular now.

I thought they extrapolate from matinee numbers and make a projection based on those trends.

Meh. $35.1m means it sold less tickets than F5. Underwhelming. Good number in absolute terms, but pretty meh. Not impressed at all.

Considering TH3 bombed I agree the number is unimpressive. Pretty much everyone expected it to beat F5's OD and if that number sticks it won't beat it.

it said Epic made 10m and I can't imagine Trek 2 making more than the movie that could take second place

gitesh has only provided numbers for the three openers. Saying that precludes Trek from increasing to 10m is baseless. It may end up true, but there's nothing warranting the Chicken Little attitude yet.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Epic: 

10m 

14.2m (+42%) 

12.5m (-12%) 

10.6m (-15.2%) 

47.3m 4-day 

Hangover: 

13m 

12.6m (-3%) 

11.2m (-11.1%) 

8m (-28.6%) 

44.8m 4-day

It's gonna be a pretty epic takedown this weekend. 

• Like 2

Wow all of you that said the Hangover III (Will make less than 200 Million) were spot on.  I thought the brand was stronger than this but I guess Part II really did leave a bad taste.  I wonder will worldwide close some of the gap.  

I thought they extrapolate from matinee numbers and make a projection based on those trends.

Hmm maybe but since they have historic data I think they would use that as well. We say that its more popular in the west coast. F5 probably showed that so why not factor that in? Edited by WileECoyote