baumer

4 and 3 day Actuals thread (Memorial Weekend 2013)

Interesting fact here-if you think about it-TH3 is the first disappointing debut for a live action comedy on Memorial day weekend since Beverly Hills Cop 3!

Edit: For tentpoles/sequels only.

Edited by Impact

I am surprised by Avengers numbers. It made over $600 million with only 40% participation from female audience. If they can somehow up that participation then the sequel has the potential to match the original.

I am surprised by Avengers numbers. It made over $600 million with only 40% participation from female audience. If they can somehow up that participation then the sequel has the potential to match the original.

I don't believe they give the numbers after opening weekend, so there is no telling how it performed with women after the first weekend. My guess is once the fanboys rushed out to see it, the audience later on was more mixed gender.

I don't believe they give the numbers after opening weekend, so there is no telling how it performed with women after the first weekend. My guess is once the fanboys rushed out to see it, the audience later on was more mixed gender.

Also most fanboy films it seems that men will see it on the OW.

BTW-I have never been to a cinescore grade or whatever for a film even though I've seen tons on the first day.

How do they calculate any demo? 

What's to stop me from thinking that's just a guess?

You don't say, "One please for 'x' film, male, mid-30s, white"

And since some people look older/younger then they are...

Isn't that 40% just from OW? It could be a higher percentage later in its run. I know a lot of female fans, especially the older ones, wait for later weekends, when it's less crowded. A good amount of female audience members are repeat viewers too.

• Like 3

You don't say, "One please for 'x' film, male, mid-30s, white"

I am now tempted to say at the next film I see "1 31 year old White Male + whoever goes with me" :P

That's fine, but you took the 40% number and applied it to Avengers' entire run.

Yes but it isn't like that first weekend number has no relation to the demo in its subsequent weeks. We know Twilight had 80% female participation in the first week and we can be reasonably sure that females dominated the demo in the subsequent weeks. I am applying the same logic to TA and other action movies. If more women end up seeing TA2 then more women will show up on the opening weekend as well and the interest will also show up in pre-release surveys.