#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Called the After Earth bomb; BSG should be good for me this week. :D

Sad for STID, awesome for Flopover. I was annoyed at school today by a lot of friends talking about Hangover; they were saying that they thought that "the giraffe dying was hilarious" and "I almost died laughing when Chow choked that chicken to death." ... I wish I was joking... :(

People were laughing during the mandingo fight in my Django screening. I was appalled. 

Yep, audiences are sick of Will Smith??? (assuming many don't know he is not the lead actor)

Honestly, the movie just doesn't look that interesting to me. Actually it looks terrible. I think that's what most people see. Will Smith can only take you so far, lol.

• Like 3

Ben Fritz ‏@benfritz 7m

Early weekend estimate that just came my way: "After Earth": $19M-$22M. "Now You See Me": $21M-$24M.

If After Earth comes in under $20m, I can't think up a logical reason why M. Night would ever get a blockbuster project again.... Selling his soul to the devil maybe? But he may have already done that when Sixth Sense came out.  :lol:

Hah, what an epic failure for After Earth. Jaden Smith, you can go away now never to return because you're a crappy, unappealing little twerp who was handed success on a silver platter and then proceeded to drop the platter.

why you mad tho

Posted Image

Yeah, especially when the dude started to push his thumbs into the other guy's eyeballs

Jesus... There are some sick people on this planet. I, too, was disgusted by that scene and barely made it through it ...

I feel like M. Night's career is some kind of performance art thing with a twist at the end like when he's 80 fucking years old he's gonna make a goddamn masterpiece that's the best thing ever that can also explain why all his other shit had to be as crappy as it was for this whole thing to work, and we'll all bow down to him as the greatest fucking cinematic genius on the planet. That's gotta be it.

• Like 6

Posted Image

And people wonder why this movie's disappointing... the public's reaction towards Jaden ranges from neutral to disgust.

No I just think the movie looks like shit.

• Like 1

I feel like M. Night's career is some kind of performance art thing with a twist at the end like when he's 80 fucking years old he's gonna make a goddamn masterpiece that's the best thing ever that can also explain why all his other shit had to be as crappy as it was for this whole thing to work, and we'll all bow down to him as the greatest fucking cinematic genius on the planet. That's gotta be it.

Don't give that loser so much credit. :puke:

BTC has a rosier outlook on After Earth, though after last week I don't know how much stock people will be putting into their projections: 

BTC 2PM Update 1THAE (10/11.5/8.1) 29.6, NYSME (8.0/8.8/5.7) 22.5 -- Details inside

Posted by: whitewalls on May 31, 15:21

1THAE Current Matinee Gross: $827,425
-60% below Oblivion
2% above Jack The Giant Slayer
-69% below Men In Black 3
-44% below Rise of the Planet of the Apes

NYSME Current Matinee Gross: $710,061
-44% below Super 8
221% above limitless
180% above 21
20% above Warm Bodies

• Like 2