HeyItsMoses

DC vs Marvel: Who Will Win Phase 1?!

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Phase 1?

• DC
    • Marvel

So we all know that Iron Man was the start of Phase 1 towards the Marvel Universe and ultimately leading up to the Avengers. 

With Man of Steel being the start of Phase 1 towards the DC Universe and ultimately leading towards the Justice League, which will win the Phase 1 battle?!

Marvel Universe

Iron Man: $318,412,101

The Incredible Hulk: $134,806,913

Iron Man 2: $312,433,331

Thor: $181,030,624

Captain America: $176,654,505

The Avengers: $623,357,910

Total: $1,746,695,384

DC Universe

Man of Steel: ?

Batman movie: ?

Wonder Woman movie: ?

Green Lantern movie: ?

Flash movie: ?

Man of Steel sequel?:

The Justice League: ?

With The Avengers, they pretty much just had 4 solo films of the heroes (iron man, hulk, thor, and captain), and introduced the rest in the actual movie. Not sure what heroes Warner Brothers wants to do a solo film on, to set up the Justice League movie. Superman and Batman are a given, but what other heroes will get a solo feature before the JL film?

Anyway, the way I see it. Man of Steel needs to hit $318m or more to make this interesting. 

The sheer scale of it as already as big as The Avengers. With General Zod being a Villain that is bringing A LOT on the table, what could top it? Personally, I think the Justice League fighting against Brainiac, Darkseid, or Doomsday, that would be pretty epic. 

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

[Note: Neo, I know what you said, but I figured this can be an ongoing discussion with other films leading up the Justice League].

Since Warners hasn't solidly committed in the manner of which Marvel Studios did everything is sheer speculation.

I'm not convinced Warners/DC will have a similarly structured Phase 1 blueprint. They may jump right to a JLA film. meaning MoS was it for your theoretical Phase 1

Don't they plan to release it by 2017?

Once they stopped planning to release it in 2015 and once they altered it off the 2016 plans....yeah.

This is a big play it by ear, wait and see how MoS does before the next domino falls "plan". Which is why there is no Phase 1 for Warners as it relates to their DC characters. 

Don't they plan to release it by 2017?

Its all just rumors. WB hasn't committed to anything beyond MOS. I'm sure a Batman reboot is in the cards though. We should know more by the time Comicon ends

Edited by sdeezy

Since Warners hasn't solidly committed in the manner of which Marvel Studios did everything is sheer speculation.

I'm not convinced Warners/DC will have a similarly structured Phase 1 blueprint. They may jump right to a JLA film. meaning MoS was it for your theoretical Phase 1

We know Snyder wants a second Superman film before Justice League.

• Like 1

It all can't be rumors though. Isn't it confirmed that JGL is playing the new Batman? I get the feeling that before this year is over, we will have some kind of confirmation towards a JL movie. I wouldn't be surprised of getting some news about it by July/August, cause we all know, MOS is gonna be huge. 

I hope they don't jump into JLA right after MOS. They need to create anticipation, they need to make people crave and want these heroes to join forces. A Batman reboot, a Wonder Woman film and a Flash movie need, imo, to be made, but with meticulously chosen directors and writers, so as not to fuck them up, like they did with GL. If they make audiences look forward to a team-up, they could potentially have a hit as big as TA in their hands. I mean, WW, Supes and Bats are as iconic as you get, and the results of a team film could be epic, in every sense of the word.

We've no idea what DC plans are but If you expect all of these movies to come out before JL then JL might not happen until 2020+. DC has no movie for next year, with this plan they need at least 2 movies a year to get JL out by 2018.

• Like 1

If DC decides to copy Marvel's phases they will end up just as they did when they decided to copy their comic book formula back in the 70s and 80s; second place. Still, better than going belly up.

DC reminds me of that kid in class that was always looking over my shoulder for the answers. :P

• Like 4

I wouldn't be surprised if WB/DC decides to jump to a JL movie directly. Too early for a Batman and GL reboot IMO. They could try a WW and/or Flash movie but if WB sees the risk rewards to be better with JL, they'll just go straight to it.