Dementeleus

Man of Steel (2013)

Man of Steel (2013)  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

it's not Superman fault per se, he was baby when he was sent to Earth.

Didn't say it was Superman's fault. I was just pointing out that Dash was right in that we would've been safer off without him.

I wanted to wait a blu-ray version before giving my own opinion about it.

I clearly gave it an "A", even so I think an "A+++" would be better if I could give it :D

IMO Man of Steel is the best SH movie I've ever seen, it's PRECISELY the movie I always wanted Hollywood to give me : disproportionate scale, unbelievable action, great songs/musics, a great actor..Thank you Snyder, thank you Warner Bros for such an epic and amazing movie.

Now The Avengers seems really pitiful in comparison o_o

The only drawback is the Superman/Lois relationship, it's too fast and they really don't know each other, a kiss was too early. But it's a very small drawback because I don't care :lol:

Edited by Sonic
  • Like 1

I found this movie to be a complete bore. Henry Cavill is a perfect example of how stunning features make no difference when you have no charisma and mediocre (to sometimes poor) acting. He didn't carry the film well. The rest of the acting from the entire cast is average to unmemorable, with the exceptions of Amy Adams and Diane Lane. They were the only good ones and gave the film almost all of its weight. 

The action was ridiculously relentless, and I was shocked at how Snyder did not let up one bit. I mean, come on...who can stomach that much action? It's this disillusioned belief that more action and grander scale makes a film epic. It doesn't. Not when the action scenes are there simply to display special effects and have little purpose. This film just didn't work for me at all, and I have now lost almost all interest in superhero movies in the near future. 

C-/D+

• Like 1

I found this movie to be a complete bore. Henry Cavill is a perfect example of how stunning features make no difference when you have no charisma and mediocre (to sometimes poor) acting. He didn't carry the film well. The rest of the acting from the entire cast is average to unmemorable, with the exceptions of Amy Adams and Diane Lane. They were the only good ones and gave the film almost all of its weight. 

The action was ridiculously relentless, and I was shocked at how Snyder did not let up one bit. I mean, come on...who can stomach that much action? It's this disillusioned belief that more action and grander scale makes a film epic. It doesn't. Not when the action scenes are there simply to display special effects and have little purpose. This film just didn't work for me at all, and I have now lost almost all interest in superhero movies in the near future. 

C-/D+

which 2014 superhero movie are you anticipating the most?

Without a doubt one of the worst superhero movies i've ever seen.

Incredibly boring and forgettable. I have never seen a movie do so consistently poorly with every plot point. When Lois and superman kissed for the first time I thought "Wait haven't these people talked like... twice?". If you think about it they barely ever even saw each other and knew nothing about the other person.

The action was terrible. Visually it was pretty cool at first I suppose but it just kept going... for the whole movie... there was barely any plot development after like 40% of the way into the movie it was just more explosions and more death. The breaking point of the action for me was when they literally flew all the way into space just to coincidentally destroy the international space station and then immediately return to earth. Not to mention superman almost deliberately destroyed tons of the city when he really had no reason to.

The pacing was also terrible. It was an incredibly stretched out beginning that made nearly half of the movie just backstory. It was just backstory of his home, backstory of his childhood, backstory of his young adult life, backstory, backstory, with no continuation of plot. Then it instantly changed into like an hour and a half long climax that was just battling here, more battling there, another explosion. It completely missed any sort of middle portion to the movie and any plot development.

D-

Huge disappointment for me

• Like 2

Only pansies and women think the action wasn't awesome in this. I'm far from a shallow film critic but the action in this is good enough to make up for the weakness of the script.It's all about the spectacle.IMO.

why try to start a fight and make fans of the film look bad. It is better not to make comments like that

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

The action is fun but nothing ground breaking or uniquely entertaining.

I find action in the first TF film far more enjoyable.

Smallville battle was great but Zod battle was tedious. 

People who say action in TF3 and MOS was great forget action is not all special effects and such.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3