CJohn

Monday Numbers | Summer is officially here | Purge 3.4, NYSM 2.4, FF6 2.2, Inter 2.1

Sure, I'm not saying it was a bad or horrible movie or anything, but it was nothing special. For a movie about magicians, it sure wasn't very clever. (Plus the whole point of the movie didn't make sense.) There's a reason it's rotten on rottentomatoes. But maybe that's the difference between critics and the GA. NYSM is a clever movie for stupid people. Or maybe that's rude. Let's call it "clever light".

I contend this is example #284 of why using RT to make a basis is unfounded. Specifically because people only look at the stuffy shirts critics score(46%) when saying "See, See, it's rotten". 

In NYSM's case the Audience score is 75%, so while I couldn't care less about RT one way or the other, you have to admit, that's a large disconnect.

If people insist on using RT cause they just can't look at a trailer or two and decide for themselves, yes or no, then at least use Audience Score. It's sampling more people in spades. 

Audience=Fresh, easily FRESH.

I contend this is example #284 of why using RT to make a basis is unfounded. Specifically because people only look at the stuffy shirts critics score(46%) when saying "See, See, it's rotten". 

In NYSM's case the Audience score is 75%, so while I couldn't care less about RT one way or the other, you have to admit, that's a large disconnect.

If people insist on using RT cause they just can't look at a trailer or two and decide for themselves, yes or no, then at least use Audience Score. It's sampling more people in spades. 

Audience=Fresh, easily FRESH.

I disagree with critics all the time. I've enjoyed movies that were below 10% on RT. I enjoyed NYSM. But it's nothing particularly special.

Summer is definitely here, loving these holds. This Friday will be key due to not only summer Friday increases being smaller but also the effect MOS will have on the marketplace. I'm hoping films can coexist but there have to be some casualties that are getting a lot of theaters axed to make room.

Edited by blackspider
  • Like 1

Sure, I'm not saying it was a bad or horrible movie or anything, but it was nothing special. For a movie about magicians, it sure wasn't very clever. (Plus the whole point of the movie didn't make sense.) There's a reason it's rotten on rottentomatoes. But maybe that's the difference between critics and the GA. NYSM is a clever movie for stupid people. Or maybe that's rude. Let's call it "clever light".

LOL!  Wow.  It's been years since anyone has called me stupid.  And then it was a four year old who was mad that I wouldn't let her swallow a toy. 

Your hyperbole aside, NYSM is a very clever movie.  Period. 

Posted Image

that's my portarait :P How have u guessed! magic! ;)

LOL!  Wow.  It's been years since anyone has called me stupid.  And then it was a four year old who was mad that I wouldn't let her swallow a toy. 

Your hyperbole aside, NYSM is a very clever movie.  Period. 

it IS clever but ppl just confused by the structure too much & don't know what category to put it. This film is everything crammed together/ ppl need something simple imo or else they're confused ))) 

But the funny thing is the success with all age groups & genders is exactly b/c ppl have to go back & rewatch & connect the dots.

Edited by Leyla