#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Someone link me to where:Its Proven that Walmart gave tickets out.Walmart paid WB 12M instead of actual ticket sales.Not everybody at once.

Sorry if in spamming here mods.People have this idea Walmart paid WB 12M. I want to know where are the sources to prove this.So far I have seen websites call it Corparate Screening ticket sales. Edited by iTz OnLy ED

Next Avengers 2, Marvel/Disney sells tickets for 20M to Apple, 20M to Walmart, 20M to (random corporation) so Disney/Marvel claim 60M in previews no matter if those retailers did resale those tickets to an audience or not, would you be ok with that?

Worldwide gaming console units sold -- and smart phones sold, as well -- are based on what's shipped to the retailer, not what they actually sell to consumers. Does that bother you?

THE LION KING owns (and will always own) the per-theater average record because it held two special shows that weren't even theaters, but exterior locations with screens mounted, and charged a huge premium for tickets that weren't available to the general public. Does that bother you?

It blows my mind that people are so caught up/obsessed with this.

• Like 3

Next Avengers 2, Marvel/Disney sells tickets for 20M to Apple, 20M to Walmart, 20M to (random corporation) so Disney/Marvel claim 60M in previews no matter if those retailers did resale those tickets to an audience or not, would you be ok with that?

If Apple, Wally World, and some random corp thought it was a good marketing strategy w/o overblowing their budget, then sure let them have at it.I'm sure it's been happening for decades, just not on such a large scale as today.

I've said this many times, but the Walmart previews are probably going to burn off a lot of demand. $21M midnights + previews is a lot, it's going to cancel out with the destined OW gross set in place.

It might affect it a bit. But I don't think by that much. It still made 9m in just midnight shows. And Walmart did sell some tickets. We just don't know how many. But assuming it's half then that's still 6m for a 14m total.

That Walmart number is HUGE. There's going to be a lot of controversy surrounding it.

It probably helped MOS here a LOT.

Especially knowing they didn't come close to selling the million they purchased and many say WalMart screenings were barely half full. I don't like this... I hope this trend dies now. Brilliant move by WB. I don't like the idea of free tickets or unused tickets purchased by a corporate entity counting toward the OD. Just a sham. Regardless of that inflated number, outstanding start for Supes.

Uh, it doesn't affect me personally, so yeah... it's called "sales."

Midnights:

TDKR:$30.6m

Avengers:$18.7m

TDK:$18m

IM3:$15.6m

Spider-Man $10m

MoS:$9m

IM2:$7.5

Spider-Man:$7m

X-Men:The Last Stand:$5.6m

Spider-Man 2:$5m

X-Men Origins:Wolverine:$5m

Watchmen:$4.55m

Which Spider-Man is the one from 2002?

And I forgot how big TDKR midnights number was.

Sorry if in spamming here mods.People have this idea Walmart paid WB 12M. I want to know where are the sources to prove this.So far I have seen websites call it Corparate Screening ticket sales.

notfabio was the source. Walmart didn't pay WB. I believe they actually purchased the tickets from the area theaters.

I'm waiting.

lol, let it go. It's going to be all be anecdotes. WB or Walmart aren't going to have a press release on this subject. My nephew who was the one selling the tickets at his store said so, he's the biggest Superman fan I know so no reason for him to lie. Only reason I asked was for seating purposes, I didn't want to get stuck with bad seats. He said no worries, we've only sold about a 3rd of the tickets.

This topic is pretty pointless, WB has there money. :D

• Like 1

Especially knowing they didn't come close to selling the million they purchased and many say WalMart screenings were barely half full. I don't like this... I hope this trend dies now. Brilliant move by WB. I don't like the idea of free tickets or unused tickets purchased by a corporate entity counting toward the OD. Just a sham. Regardless of that inflated number, outstanding start for Supes.

Again. Where is your source that Walmart didn't do good in ticket sales?Did your friend who knows someone at Walmart tell you? This is simply WOM.

Well it will die because Walmart got stuck with a bunch of unsold tickets. This was told by a poster here who is a manager at Walmart.

• Like 2

There's also going to be the problem that that OD is going to be inflated and therefore the film will have bad legs over the weekend. A $40M opening day could lead to only $90M for the weekend.

Thought you were done trolling?

• Like 3