#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

He yelled at his boss on the phone when they told him he wouldn't be the new CEO at WB. They fired Horn to make him happy. Thomas Tull is pissed off at Robinov because of all the shenanigans with how they've treated Legendary. Robinov is a complete asshole from everything I've read. It could end up biting them in the ass if Nolan leaves. Plus they lost a great executive in Alan Horn and ended up with a petulant child in his place.

Yeah I read some of that stuff on Deadline or Variety somewhere. He's also the one who made the claim that MOS would be the biggest film ever or something like that in WB's history. 

Interesting little comment from Nikki:  So Nolan is a god for Warner Brothers now. That is 4 hugely profitable movies in a row for WB with his name attached.

Without Peter Jackson, Nolan and JK Rowling Warner Bros would be another Universal Studios with hardly any recent billion dollar movies.

Using the powers of strikes and bolds, I hope I have shown you the error of your ways.

Also: Disney has Avengers, it has Star Wars, it has Pixar. Let's not pretend Disney is doing poorly at the moment.

I'm not saying they are doing "poorly." But if all you have is franchises, you become the McDonald's or Wal-Mart of the movie industry. It helps to have an Inception on your resume. Shows creativity and willingness to be bold on the part of the studio. Pumping out sequels to established franchises is the easy thing to do. Disney took a risk with John Carter that backfired. I think the same thing will happen with Lone Ranger.

• Community Manager

I'm not saying they are doing "poorly." But if all you have is franchises, you become the McDonald's or Wal-Mart of the movie industry. It helps to have an Inception on your resume. Shows creativity and willingness to be bold on the part of the studio. Pumping out sequels to established franchises is the easy thing to do. Disney took a risk with John Carter that backfired. I think the same thing will happen with Lone Ranger.

It also did Lincoln, Wreck-It Ralph, Frankenweenie, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, and Brave recently. To suggest that Disney is all franchises is a bit silly?

• Like 1

LOL I always think of Disney Movies as a side business to Disney.

• Like 1

Without Peter Jackson, Nolan and JK Rowling Warner Bros would be another Universal Studios with hardly any recent billion dollar movies.

when was the last time Universal Studios produce a billion dollar(or near) movie?

Edited by rickfox

Nolan's at the point in his career where he can just roll up into Warner Brothers and be all like "MUTHAFUCKERS, I WANNA ADAPT BURGER KING INTO A MOVIE!" and they'd give him $200 million to do it.

Cameron can walk up into any studio and go, "bitches, I wanna shoot on the moon", and they'd give him 200 mill and fund the trip. :P

• Like 1

Cameron can walk up into any studio and go, "bitches, I wanna shoot on the moon", and they'd give him 200 mill and fund the trip. :P

M. Night walks into any studio and they give him 200 million to never come back.

• Like 3