#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Meh. Not as good as you guys made it out to be. I liked the seriousness though. Bit too loud though, but that might just be my theatre. I'm thinking 7 or 7.5 out of 10, atm.And it's 0 Meryl's :P a movie needs to be a masterpiece to even get half a Meryl (unless it's a Meryl movie in which case it automatically gets 5 Meryls out of 5 ;) )

Hey! I didn't even say it was that good!

I gave it a B. Too awkwardly paced, and the emotional scenes fell flat most of the time. That said, there are a lot of individual components to like, just poor execution at times.

• Like 1

And even if it doesn't have the record, Spiderman will forever be remembered. The fact that it took 12 years of inflation, 3D, IMAX, and Father's day to beat it speaks volumes.

Expanded theater and screen counts too. SM1's run from week to week was insane. Part of it was that there just wasn't a big enough screen count to meet demand on opening weekend.

NYSM more than likely be less drop then est.

Thank you :D I hope other movies across the boards hold well also. Well, maybe not AE and THO3  :P

Records are made to be broken. TDK fans felt it when Potter beat the record. Potter fans had to succumb to the Avengers OW.

This is the way it goes. Spiderman held that record for forever. It's only fitting that Superman is the one to break the record, lol.

yeah I'm good. Technically SM still has the record for the highest OW for the first live action outing of a superhero.  :D Meaningless record, I know.  :P

• Like 3

yeah I'm good. Technically SM still has the record for the highest OW for the first live action outing of a superhero.  :D Meaningless record, I know.  :P

It's a record nonetheless. Not meaningless at all IMO  :)

• Like 1

Againnn, when was the last time a movie increased on Sunday? Was it Valentines Day from 2010?

Well it happens decently frequently with non-wide movies. But for wide releases yes, I believe so.
  • Like 1

When was the last time a blockbuster increased on a Sunday?Everyone relax. I'm sure RTH will have a better number in about 3 hours lol Either way Sunday is getting past 32.7M.

• Like 2

Againnn, when was the last time a movie increased on Sunday? Was it Valentines Day from 2010?

Jeez, that film made 56 million opening weekend.  GOD ... how sad. :(

Still to possibly increase after already doing over 90 million in box office the previous 2+ days would be crazy.

• Like 1

Christmas was a Sunday in 2011 so any openers then probably did it

When was the last time a blockbuster increased on a Sunday?Everyone relax. I'm sure RTH will have a better number in about 3 hours lolEither way Sunday is getting past 32.7M.

He's getting everyone excited, so that we post more  :P