#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Friday starts at 00.01.

Only grosses after that time should be included as Friday. Because Thursday can't merge into Friday.

Studio's may have a lot of money, but they can't change the day system, lol.

I know other studios include thursday previews into the weekend gross, but they shouldn't be allowed to.

Warner Bros are doing the right thing here, IMO.

I think that's the point though. Every movie after TDKR, included Thursday into Friday.

• Like 1

Talking about WW, what do you think of Alexandra Daddario as WW?

She is 27 years old, (Lynda Carter was 24 when WW season 1 started). 

Posted Image

Yeah, we've been discussing her for a while.

3 most popular choices just now online seem to be

Alexandra Daddario

Gina Carano

Bridget Regan.

• Like 2

Friday starts at 00.01.

Only grosses after that time should be included as Friday. Because Thursday can't merge into Friday.

Studio's may have a lot of money, but they can't change the day system, lol.

I know other studios include thursday previews into the weekend gross, but they shouldn't be allowed to.

Warner Bros are doing the right thing here, IMO.

Midnights are gone.  Every film now does not have a midnight.  They first started them at 10 pm and then slowly added 7 and 8 pm shows.  IM3, FF6 and so on did not make money at midnight, they made them at 7-8-9-10 pm on Thursday.

• Like 1

My wife is watching the Today show and they just talked about MOS. The entertainment guy reported the OW as 125m, so even though WB is separating out the 12m, it's not being reported that way by all outlets. Obviously the guy didn't really do his research about it.

If WB chooses to separate out the Thursday 12m gross, then that's their choice.Personally, I agree with them on this subject. If the movie opens before midnight then whatever it makes from those showings should not count towards the opening day or OW. But, of coarse, the studios do whatever they want.

• Like 1

Midnights are gone.  Every film now does not have a midnight.  They first started them at 10 pm and then slowly added 7 and 8 pm shows.  IM3, FF6 and so on did not make money at midnight, they made them at 7-8-9-10 pm on Thursday.

So there are no actual showings after 00.00 in the US anymore?

We still have them here in the UK.

In fact, Man Of Steel only had showings after 00.01.

Yes, she is the choice of many of the members here for Wonderwoman.  She is ridiculously good looking.

Glad to know! I've been almost in campaign mode for over a year now with Daddario. As you said: she is ridiculously good looking. I can't imagine anyone else wearing that suit....

• Like 1

So there are no actual showings after 00.00 in the US anymore?

We still have them here in the UK.

In fact, Man Of Steel only had showings after 00.01.

Canada had Early previews and of course Walmart.

Everyone else had 00:01 shows.

It did.  And that is irrefutable. 

It did not. It made $9m from midnight shows and $12m from the Wal-Mart Thursday deal. Midnight is Friday money, not Thursday money. You've been doing this forever and you're actually trying to argue that midnight is Thursday money? Really?

Yeah, we've been discussing her for a while.

3 most popular choices just now online seem to be

Alexandra Daddario

Gina Carano

Bridget Regan.

We should make a crusade for Daddario as WW :)

Back to MoS, great news about Sunday's new numbers... although it should be bigger if wasn't because of that WM shit. 

I think WB handled it right. Wal-Mart wasn't even able to sell all of the tickets for the Thursday shows, so it would really distort the opening weekend to include that when you start trying to figure out how the film will perform. I'm just setting aside the $12m as an added bonus, so the movie needs roughly a 2.9 multiplier from the 3-day weekend to reach $338m and thus $350m total.

• Like 1

It did not. It made $9m from midnight shows and $12m from the Wal-Mart Thursday deal. Midnight is Friday money, not Thursday money. You've been doing this forever and you're actually trying to argue that midnight is Thursday money? Really?

Thats 100% wrong. There were no midnight shows in Canada. All our shows were 7-10 pm. Midnight are basically gone. They have been since Aurora.
  • Like 1

I know we been discussing the WM affair all the weekend, but what i don't know is the time those screening took place. Cos unless you tell me they were showing the film thursday at 5pm, i don't find the difference with all other tentpoles making midnights screenings at 7pm AND counting them as friday money.

Can anyone explain that?!

• Like 1