#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Currently MOS is on pace to make $91M, with the $12M included. Minus $12M and that's $79M. Ouch.

How are you getting this number? IM2 did 7.5m midnight and made $100m ow easily. I also see no reason why MOS can't do $25-30m today which would give it $45+m OD and on track for $100m+ ow.Also, $9m is great and $21m, Walmart are not, is a huge start! Woo! Edited by FTF

Why the hell would we subract 12 million from every number? It's not like those people who bought Wal-Mart tickets wouldn't have seen it sometime else over the weekend, probably at midnight, hell. Wal-Mart is God in the "heartland" region of the company, and Superman is the God among all other superheroes in that same region. It makes sense that Wal-Mart would sell a ton of tickets to people there. It counts

• Like 1

IM2 was three years ago, opened in early May and did not have the 3D premium. Comparing MOS to the Batfilms summer midnights would be more apt. Apples =/= oranges.

The sequel to a beloved movie and the day to kick off the summer too right!!!

Wow, this is huge, guys. Don't forget that there was a huge storm in the NE that really dampened turnout. The West and Midwest shows had to cover for it. I guessed $10m based off my sellouts list, so I was reasonably close there. We don't quite know the details of the Walmart situation, but it's a moot point...looks like they ended up selling more than 1m tickets to them.

$21 million. Damn.

You, and your reasonable assessment.

Posted Image

Man of Steel weekend projection (early, before Friday)

Friday: $36,960,000

Saturday: $24,390,000 (-34%)

Sunday: $15,850,000 (-36%)

Weekend Gross (including walmart previews): $89,200,000

Walmart Previews are going to cause a larger than average Sat drop.

lol, I'm trolling :P

Edited by Alpha

I don't get why there should be any controversy over the Walmart numbers. Just consider them evening previews like many other movies do. When THE LION KING had a special sneak show and charged $20-30 per ticket (back in the 90s) it's not like everyone subtracted 2/3 of the opening gross because of the unusual circumstance.

• Like 7

Man of Steel weekend projection (early, before Friday)Friday: $36,960,000Saturday: $24,390,000 (-34%)Sunday: $15,850,000 (-36%)Weekend Gross (including walmart previews): $89,200,000Walmart Previews are going to cause a larger than average Sat drop.

lol you're crazy if you think it's only doing $15m today.Edit: haha nice ninja edit with that trolling comment ;) Edited by FTF