#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Currently MOS is on pace to make $91M, with the $12M included. Minus $12M and that's $79M. Ouch.

There is so much wrong with post. Its not on pace for 79 million. There's also no pace that is on it will make what is going to make the midnights have nothing to do with whether I'll make 150 million opening weekend or hundred million opening weekend you just pulled at 79 million dollar figure out of your ass
  • Like 9

We can't just completely subtract the 12M Walmarts and say the midnights are 9M, a lot of people who bought those Walmart tickets were fans who would have otherwise bought regular midnight tickets

See, you don't know that. You're assuming things.

• Like 1

Wow, this is huge, guys. Don't forget that there was a huge storm in the NE that really dampened turnout. The West and Midwest shows had to cover for it. I guessed $10m based off my sellouts list, so I was reasonably close there. We don't quite know the details of the Walmart situation, but it's a moot point...looks like they ended up selling more than 1m tickets to them.$21 million. Damn.

• Like 5

lol at people disappointed by the 9 M number. IRON MAN ll only made 7.5 M.

IM2 was three years ago, opened in early May and did not have the 3D premium. Comparing MOS to the Batfilms summer midnights would be more apt. Apples =/= oranges. 

A lot of maths for this week and, substracting 12m each time we have a new number is gonna be tiring.

We don't have to subtract anything. Friday daytime and then the Saturday drop will simply be worse than they would have been w/o the wal-mart thing. Pretty simple honesty, don't know why people are making a big deal out of it.