Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Not sure exactly what makes Amazing Spider-Man 2 more appealing after the OK/mixed reception and the fact that it looks like its more of the same.

Days of Future Past will be the big, bad epic X-Men movie bringing back the original cast and the popular favorites from First Class with Sentinels and the popular Peter Dinklage as the villain. Their answer to The Avengers if you will.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

Not sure exactly what makes Amazing Spider-Man 2 more appealing after the OK/mixed reception and the fact that it looks like its more of the same.

Days of Future Past will be the big, bad epic X-Men movie bringing back the original cast and the popular favorites from First Class with Sentinels and the popular Peter Dinklage as the villain. Their answer to The Avengers if you will.

Obviously Days of Future Past is trying to be like an Avengers type movie but that doesn't necessarily mean it will succeed. Will Bryan Singer be able to create the same kind of humor and chemistry that Joss Whedon did for The Avengers? Or the same type of epic action like the New York battle? I have doubts that Singer will be able to do that. 

Obviously Days of Future Past is trying to be like an Avengers type movie but that doesn't necessarily mean it will succeed. Will Bryan Singer be able to create the same kind of humor and chemistry that Joss Whedon did for The Avengers? Or the same type of epic action like the New York battle? I have doubts that Singer will be able to do that. 

And yet... you didn't answer my question. What makes Amazing Spider-Man 2 more appealing than the reasons I gave for Days of Future Past? Anyone?

2014 overall looks like crap.That our 2015 looks so fucking awesome compared to it.

Considering 2016 will probably be alot of sequels from 2014, its gonna be the biggest letdown after likely the biggest year of all time haha. Kind of like 2004 to 2005.

People kept saying the next HP/Twilight movie would be the one where it would start dying down and that never happened.

To be fair-after HP3 dropped from HP2 people were saying HP4 wouldn't hit 200M (well those posts are all gone now...)

I think when it's a finite series with a set number of films like HP/Twi/THG the dying down thing is a total myth. People know what they're getting themselves into

2014 overall looks like crap.

Can't disagree with that. A large majority of what interests me next year are superhero film. I'm not even interested in superhero films in general, so for that to be the case, it's probably a sad year.