Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

MU must be having stellar matinees if they're projecting low 30s OD. If I recall, Cars 2 had really good early Friday estimates (like 25-28) but night business wasn't as good as anticipated. MU is going to play SO MUCH BETTER to young adults tonight than Cars.

• Like 5

Yeah biggest weekend seems out, but I could maybe see #2 in play ($253m) if these OD numbers stick and everything holds really well.

Probably best case scenario:

MU: $90m

WWZ: 55m

MOS: 55m

The holdovers could gross another 50m.

Edited by MovieMan89

Holy shit! So much for MoS hurting WWZ. And that's awesomely good for MU! Really hope it stays or goes up.

My sister went to a 2:40 Monsters University 2D show and said it was packed, so it doesn't surprise me that matinee's are doing great. Let's hope that college kids and adults can keep the mojo going into the night TS3 style.

Me and some of my friends are gonna go see WWZ tonight, looks like I'll have to wait to see MU some other time during the week. :unsure:

Not with Despicable Me 2 coming to cut its legs off in 2 weeks.

Yeah, I'm already factoring that in. Pixar movies have all had at least 3.6x multis outside of Cars 2, so if WOM for MU is at least Brave level I doubt it goes below a 3.4x multi even with DM2 competition. If it has a 3.4x multi it needs 88m for the weekend to make 300. That's very doable if this OD sticks.

Edited by MovieMan89

If MU can get to $300m, then Finding Dory will be an absolute monster. I don't think there's any Pixar film more beloved than Nemo.

Dory is a monster all to its own. Strictly because of the popularity of Nemo.

Just gonna say it. Finding Dory could win 2015 box office race. There. *Drops mic*

• Like 1