Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Avengers is on Netflix streaming now. Even though I own the bluray, I like being able to watch it on my iphone :wub:

I have the movie on all my mobile devices :)
  • Like 1

Since we're talking about carrier deals, I wonder whats gonna happen to STARZ in 2016. Starz has rights to Disney and Sony movies, but Disney is going to be exclusive to Netflix in 3 years. I wouldnt pay for Starz just for Sony. My bet is theyll turn into HBO and just create a bunch of orginals. Still not worth paying for though, IMO.

Edited by LeFlop James

imdb is completely worthless unless the rating is over 9 or under 6. I laugh every time someone uses it to tout or knock a film.

I think it's pretty stupid when you say that 280k votes are worthless
  • Like 1

I think it's pretty stupid when you say that 280k votes are worthless

I think its pretty stupid you think imdb isn't full of fanboys, haters, and idiots who have no clue what makes a movie good or bad.  Go read their their notoriously shitty forums under any movie.

• Like 4

Goyer and Snyder aren't a good combo. One of them is fine returning for MOS2 but both back will be problematic. 

I think I prefer keeping Snyder than Goyer.

I don't know the real quality of Goyer scripting

but often times studio/marketing/execs can 

have overriding power. That's why many movies

begin as a great promise only to inexplicably deteriorate 

in the 3rd act. 

I think its pretty stupid you think imdb isn't full of fanboys, haters, and idiots who have no clue what makes a movie good or bad.  Go read their their notoriously shitty forums under any movie.

100000 x this 

Apparantly, a lot of people liked Prometheus, critics and many IMDB users! :)

I really liked Prometheus, I'm just saying using an imdb rating that isn't over 9 or under 6 to to trash or praise a film is retarded.

Edited by Shpongle

Well MU-I think it will be about 80M-95M this weekend, so for next weekend it should be number one again, though I can see one of the 2 new releases being number one on Friday.

WWZ-Not sure how it will play out for the rest of the weekend-though unless if it has Twilight legs it should hit 100M in the next couple of weeks.

After that the next film to be number one for 2 weeks...might not be till August with either Planes or Elysium. The week after that is pretty weak. Seeing quite a bit of buzz for both films so yeah.

How are the sellouts compared to yesterday?

Haven't looked yet. But when I was at the theater today MU had a couple of matinee sell outs  and my showing of WWZ was sold out. MOS had a sell out as well. The theater was getting jam packed as I was leaving. Parking lot was getting crazy.

• Like 2

MOS sell outs are pretty good compared to yesterday. It has more sell outs than WWZ and MU at my theater.