Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

We'll see.

According to the first review of White House Down

The only other marked difference is that “Olympus” is more packed with action while “White House Down” is more humorous. Since “Olympus” made quite a splash at the box office, one has to wonder about the timing of “White House Down.” One would hope that the moviegoing masses’ collective attention span isn’t that short. In spite of the aforementioned lack of originality, James Vanderbilt’s screenplay works like a well-oiled machine. The one or two gaping plot holes are effectively glossed over by director Roland Emmerich. He is evidently expert at blowing up 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. But just in case you’ve forgotten, he’s not above making a pointed reference to “Independence Day.” In addition to credibly cementing himself as a man of action, Mr. Tatum here also establishes himself as a Harrison Ford-type family man. While none of the tentpoles this summer are doozies, this one is at least something worth cheering about.

It will make a LOT

Among top critics in RT, TDKR has 75%. TASM has 80% and TA, 85%. It was a VERY flawed film, regardless the way you put it. It's the weak link of an otherwise perfect two films. I just think that the more years go by, more people will be saying that.

BB has even lower top critics... yet you call that perfect while TDKR is flawed?

• Like 2

TASM has a 6.9 average among top critics meaning most though it was just "meh". TDKR has an 8.0 average among top critics meaning the ones who loved it, really like it. and even the ones who didn't gave it a descent rating.

The numbers of 10/10s don't make the film any better, and I just don't think that TDKR will be held in the same regard that BB and TDK will. The way I see it, TDKR and now MOS are the signs that Goyer as the main comic book guy in DC Movieverse has run its course.

Among top critics in RT, TDKR has 75%. TASM has 80% and TA, 85%. It was a VERY flawed film, regardless the way you put it. It's the weak link of an otherwise perfect two films. I just think that the more years go by, more people will be saying that.

Batman Begins (2005)rt top critics 63

again  ----so it is rottentomatoes top critics to determine what is and what is not a good movie, not people(world) outside their cycle(their cycle about over 40 men and women) ?

movies are not made to pleasing those 40 men and women only,movies are made to pleasing huge number of people (more than those 40)

Edited by rickfox

I think it has to be more than just Lex, and I have zero interest to see Lex obsessed with land.

I think Lex needs to be seen as a threat to both Superman and Metropolis, I doubt they'll go down the Gene Hackman route

I think Lex needs to be seen as a threat to both Superman and Metropolis, I doubt they'll go down the Gene Hackman route

They should go the route they went in in the animated series.