Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Yea I really enjoyed the movie. Favorite film of the summer so far for me.

Least favorite of the summer for me. I've pretty much only seen stuff I liked to varying degrees (IM3, Gatsby, FF6, Before Midnight, Stories We Tell, Frances Ha, MU, The Heat, MOS, This Is the End). But it's still the best reviewed blockbuster of the summer so obviously some people like it. Edited by Gopher

Optimistic numbers. 

Kal-El optemistic yes..

Legs are not good and 300 mill will be a struggle from here on out.

I hope it makes it though

The saddest thing is that Fucking WB pulled Gatsby out of theatres when it still had enough gas in the tank to make it to 150M and a 3x multiplier :(

EDIT: Actually, they did start pulling it very quickly. Still would have fell just short, IMO.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

Ehh. I don't think it had that much left in it.

It needed 11 million, and it was dropping better and making more Week-on-Week than SATC which made another 12 million dollars after that point. It would've made it. 

Least favorite of the summer for me. I've pretty much only seen stuff I liked to varying degrees (IM3, Gatsby, FF6, Before Midnight, Stories We Tell, Frances Ha, MU, The Heat, MOS, This Is the End). But it's still the best reviewed blockbuster of the summer so obviously some people like it.

I've only see like 4 movies this summer so far. :P IM3, STID, MOS, and FF6. I liked STID and FF6. Comic book movies have been meh to me this year so far. Really hoping Thor 2 is good.

Kal-El optemistic yes..

Legs are not good and 300 mill will be a struggle from here on out.

I hope it makes it though

It will make over 300m. 

I am thinking it could have POTC 3 or INDY 4 like drops and it's similar in many ways so far. 

Edited by VCC

The Hollywood Reporter

Overseas, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' Man of Steel towered over the competition, grossing $89 million from 52 markets for an international cume of $188.3 million and global total of $398.3 million. Highlights included China, where the tentpole took in $25.5 million.

• Like 2

Not surprised at all. And allow me to trace yet another parallel between MOS and TASM from last year:Both films lost their 1st spot on the second weekend for animation films. A little bit of a trivia, but it's ironic how some of the biggest "haters" of TASM last year try to sugar coat everything about MoS and hating on each and every other release that presents a menace to the movie's BO.I'm not dissing on MOS box office numbers by any means, but I think it's about time to some recognize that the reception for those two films are VERY similar, and that's AWESOME. For a REBOOT. The sequels are when the reboots hopefully pay off.

MoS despite Rotten RT is going to overtake TASM Gross.

TASM 2nd weekend competition was 1 movie. Ice age which made 48 million. MoS had in its 2nd weekend 2 movies which made $150 million.

Then the other movies came in.

So perspective please

The Hollywood Reporter

Overseas, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' Man of Steel towered over the competition, grossing $89 million from 52 markets for an international cume of $188.3 million and global total of $398.3 million. Highlights included China, where the tentpole took in $25.5 million.

Almost 400m already. That's pretty darn good. Will it beat TASM worldwide?

• Like 1