Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

But SR itself was a "soft" reboot (it ignored Superman 3 and 4). MOS is behaving more like a sequel than a reboot. Really, the only impressive thing about it is the opening weekend and the OS gross (and even that is nothing special considering epic action + 3D is a guaranteed draw with OS audiences). It's going to have the worst reviews and legs of any reboot, so clearly WB focused on getting that big opening to the detriment of everything else. Yes, it's a huge financial success still, but the sequel will suffer because of that short-sightedness.

SR was a direct sequel with flashback references.

TASM is the best comparison to MoS at this point. We will see how TASM2 works, then we can talk MoS 2.

Mos opened huge and for it not 300 is a dissapointment but overall a huge hit.Interesting that now Asm was seen as a failure and now as a big hit...The revisionism on this forum is epic.

I agree, but at same time, both TASM and MOS should be acknowledged as the successful reboots they are. If only after MOS a part of the fandom will be able to acknowledge that, so be it.And people claiming that MoS will have a short budget will only be right if Warner is the most stupid studio in town, which they aren't. TASM2 looks bigger than anything out next year and that's why a lot of people are excited with the sequel. MoS needs to follow TASM steps and ditch Goyer for someone with a better grasp on who Superman is. My vote goes to Max Landis, dude is obnoxiously arrogant, but I doubt we'll ever find someone this talented out there with such passion for the character. Edited by iKent

Adjusted for inflation, it appears MOS will finish behind Superman II for ticket sales domestically. Superman the movie and Superman II remain the top box office draws for this character in America.

Superman and Superman II put up huge numbers. Both are top 200 domestic grossers (adjusted). I never felt it was realistic to expect MOS to challenge either one of those 2 movies. However, MOS doesn't look like it'll be a top 200 domestic grossing (adjusted)  film.

• Like 1

I agree, but at same time, both TASM and MOS should be acknowledge as successful reboots. And people claiming that MoS will have a short budget will only be right if Warner is the most stupid studio in town, which they aren't. TASM2 looks bigger than anything out next year and that's why a lot of people are excited with the sequel. MoS needs to follow TASM steps and ditch Goyer for someone with a better grasp on who Superman is. My vote goes to Max Landis, dude is obnoxiously arrogant, but I doubt we'll ever find someone this talented out there with such passion for the character. 

The thing that rubs me the wrong way about TASM is that they rebooted a franchise 5 fucking years after they made a gazillion dollars from the first.  It's one of the reason I didn't enjoy it.  i didn't have time to want a new Spidey franchise.

• Like 2

WB really needs to send Goyer packing. I'll defend everything about the movie except for the screenplay. 

It didn't underperform or tank. Doing great business. Only time people like him get replaced is in the face of failure. Not unlike how Kurtzman and Orci will be off Star Trek 3 in the wake of Into Darkness underperforming.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Depending on the 4th of july hold it could kick and scream very close if not pass $300 like Skyfall or The Hobbit. 

hopefully it doesnt beat them just b/c I loooved both  :ph34r:

I was watching bling ring and mos was in the next theatre and I could hear mos

how was TBR????

Edited by Leyla