Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

Anyone else having trouble with Box Office Mojo? Barely any of the links work right. Click on a movie, it says not found.

Yes, me too. This could be it folks. The end of days.

Legs ain't everything, you have to take huge OW numbers into account.

Not to mention the -1% drop for MoS on Father's Day.MoS would have made about 105M if it wasn't Fathers Day.
  • Like 2

We get it. MoS has shit legs. IM3 has had shit legs.Are they failures? Not even close.Holy fuck, this is turning worse than TDKR legs discussion.Shut the fuck up. MU could have toy story legs and were arguing over nonsense.

Nobody is arguing Man of Steel isn't a hit. It is. Hell, it's a huge hit here and overseas. WB ain't crying. But it's front-loaded as Hell, like Harry Potter.

WB wanted a new Potter. They got it alright. LOL.

• Like 5

Again, I don't think it's about popularity though. It's still about the film. IRON MAN made more domestically than the very popular character INDIANA JONES in the same summer of 2008. A very small gap though.

I agree with that. But popularity still gives any movie an extra financial bump and a 'security blankett' regardless.. 

Edited by Ent

MU 9.8m

WWZ - 7.5m

MoS - 4.5m

Bullseye with MoS and almost bullseye with  WWZ. Amazing for MU. With that said, my prediction for MoS weekdays and weekend still stands, it'll be doing $240m-$245m tops until Sunday, with a total $275m-$285m  DOM. 

I'm mirroring MoS weekdays with TASM's dailies by the way, so I'm expecting  a 5.6m-5.7m jump this tuesday for MoS. 

If WB wants to drag it there, then yeah they can. Not sure they will at this point. No need since its posting huge overseas grosses and should do $280M ish here.

No, they can't.

There's no possible fudging that could drag MoS to $300m, it's too much. It'd be the same of saying that Iron Man 3 can get to $450m DOM but Disney doesn't want to, because it killed OS, or me saying that TASM didn't get to $280m because "Sony didn't want to". It's clearly behaving just like a reboot, especially last year's TASM. It boggles my mind why people can't come to terms with that. 

Edited by iKent

Bullseye with MoS and almost bullseye with  WWZ. Amazing for MU. With that said, my prediction for MoS weekdays and weekend still stands, it'll be doing $240m-$245m tops until Sunday, with a total $275m-$285m  DOM. 

I'm mirroring MoS weekdays with TASM's dailies by the way, so I'm expecting  a 5.6m-5.7m jump this tuesday for MoS. 

Again, if it's at 245 M by Sunday, you think it'll just make 30 M more after that?

• Like 1

Again, if it's at 245 M by Sunday, you think it'll just make 30 M more after that?

I've already answered you that. If it gets around $240m-$245m by Sunday, I believe it'll make another $30m-$40m tops. Kayu, it's behaving EXACTLY like TASM's weekdays and weekends. It won't be getting better legs than TASM all of sudden. The fact that its second weekend and now the weekdays are almost in sync with TASM makes me believe MoS has at the very high end the possibility of making more $75m until it's run its over (counting this $4.5m here), what would result in $285m tops. Just take a close look at what TASM did here, substitute TDKR's opening with the release of another two blockbusters, when two already was released last weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually made less than what I'm predicting. 

What people are failing to realize is that giving that it's mirroring TASM's run, my predictions are actually pretty optimistic for MoS. 

• Like 1

No way, it'll make that little more especially with 4th of July long weekend providing a very nice hold. Depending on the 4th of july hold it could kick and scream very close if not pass $300 like Skyfall or The Hobbit. 

Edited by witness

I've already answered you that. If it gets around $240m-$245m by Sunday, I believe it'll make another $30m-$40m tops. Kayu, it's behaving EXACTLY like TASM's weekdays and weekends. It won't be getting better legs than TASM all of sudden. The fact that its second weekend and now the weekdays are almost in sync with TASM makes me believe MoS has at the very high end the possibility of making more $75m until it's run its over (counting this $4.5m here), what would result in $285m tops. Just take a close look at what TASM did here, substitute TDKR's opening with the release of another two blockbusters, when two already was released last weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually made less than what I'm predicting. 

What people are failing to realize is that giving that it's mirroring TASM's run, my predictions are actually pretty optimistic for MoS. 

MOS 4th weekend is the July 4th weekend. TASM's wasn't.

No way it'll make that little more especially with 4th of July long weekend providing a boost. Depending on the 4th of july hold it could kick and scream very close if not pass $300 like Skyfall or The Hobbit. It doesn't matter though if its $290 or $305 at the end of the day. 

Exactly. 275 M is just crazy.

Edit: Don't get me wrong because I really don't care if it finishes at 275 M. I just think it's low.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1