Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

MU starting out like TS3 - very curious to see how it's legs hold up once DM2 comes out.

WWZ has been a nice surprise after all of the negative vibes.

MOS looks to be heading in the 275-285 range now.

Next three weekends should be fun!

Ummm...Father's Day didn't boost its Sunday gross by $11m.

You're right. 108.8M with an average 20% June Sunday drop.

MoS OW was inflated by about 8M - 10M regardless. Either way, this subject is dead.

MoS is a success. Could it have been better? Of course.

Anyone think MU could win the weekend?

How could it lose?

MU - 45M

WHD - 40M

The Heat - 35M

WWZ - 30M

MoS - 16M

Edited by #ED

if MOS only makes sixteen million that would be so disgustingly bad it wouldn't even be funny

-60% drop is about 16 - 17M.

That's where it's headed. The movies legs has been destroyed.

Anyone think MU could win the weekend?

Under 50% drop could make it safe but WHD will make a play for it. Tatum has developed a comfortable range between 35-40m for The Vow, 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike that a Roland Emmerich summer blockbuster starring him shouldn't have a problem reaching that mark. How much further it goes, no clue. If I had to guess the weekend: MU: 43m (-47%) WHD: 41m Heat: 33m (Identity Thief numbers, even though this is a far funnier movie) WWZ: 28.6m (-57%) MOS: 23.1m (-44% but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't stabilize) Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

No way it'll make that little more especially with 4th of July long weekend providing a boost. Depending on the 4th of july hold it could kick and scream very close if not pass $300 like Skyfall or The Hobbit. It doesn't matter though if its $290 or $305 at the end of the day. 

MOS 4th weekend is the July 4th weekend. TASM's wasn't.

You two are overestimating the July 4th for MoS. It will have a jump, but the drop after that will be steep, especially after PR's release.

Don't set yourselves up for disappointment guys. MoS is not dropping below 60%.

MU tuned up the band, WWZ sweet chin music'd it.. WHD can only legdrop it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Sorry but beleive it or not, many people abroad/the GA in its vast majority don't even know that Marvel/DC stuff, they root for a specific comic book character without knowing, following a specific 'house'..  And like i said for me and many people around me it was the 5 characters i mentioned that are known and enjoyed in the same way by the general audience regardless of their ownership.  Mainly because they had some shows on TV or some cartoons for 3 decades..

Everyone knows Superman, every grandfather grew with him...IM ?  Not in the least.  he is a newcomer.  Cartoons featuring IM have been out for like two years at most, post IM1, not before that...and that's because i also speak dutch and it's on their channel because i have yet to one channel showing it in french, my mothertongue.

And you think Iron Man opened to 98 million without a fanbase? 

Great  number for MU! It should be at 120M by the end of the week and around 165M by the end of the weekend. 

Solid drop for WWZ and it should be at 90-95M by the end of the week and around 120-125M by the end of the weekend.