#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Smurfs 2-Sony's biggest film of the year...or it could be *shudders* Grown Ups 2.Like it or not-that will have a audience. (Even if it looks terrible)

Grown Ups 2 will make over 150m, so yeah that film wins for Sony.
  • Like 1

And dang-5 pages of a Friday thread and nobody has gone off topic yet! This has to be a record :P

And to keep this on topic-very nice for Ms. Bullock. The hottest woman over the age of 45 :P

Why was it so ripe for midnight? I don't think last night's number means much.

It just seems like the raunchy comedy that audiences flock to at midnight. I mean Ted did 2.6m and that was only a midnight release.

If WHD does open to 25 million, I hope people will stop insisting that Tatum is a huge draw. I like the guy but every since he had a great ear in 2012, people have been convinced that he's like the next Tom Hanks or Will Smith or something. 

I think he's a draw not as big as Those but he is a draw. Im sure if OHF didnt came out, this came out on march. It would have done good.

• Like 1

And dang-5 pages of a Friday thread and nobody has gone off topic yet! This has to be a record  :P

And to keep this on topic-very nice for Ms. Bullock. The hottest woman over the age of 45  :P

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn

If WHD does open to 25 million, I hope people will stop insisting that Tatum is a huge draw. I like the guy but every since he had a great ear in 2012, people have been convinced that he's like the next Tom Hanks or Will Smith or something. 

Tatum has a large female fanbase. It is a double edged sword as they will watch him in comedies, romantic movies etc. and skip everything else. There is a reason why it took Leo years to redefine himself after Titanic and he hasn't done a romantic role since then.

• Like 1

Tatum has a large female fanbase. It is a double edged sword as they will watch him in comedies, romantic movies etc. and skip everything else. There is a reason why it took Leo years to redefine himself after Titanic and he hasn't done a romantic role since then.

The Great Gatsby  :P . But  I see what you mean. 

And dang-5 pages of a Friday thread and nobody has gone off topic yet! This has to be a record :P

And to keep this on topic-very nice for Ms. Bullock. The hottest woman over the age of 45 :P

Nope. Katheryn Bigelow is 61 and is way hotter.

Seriously? O_O Wtf happened to safe budget Sony? Wow do you have a source?

Fox seems to be the one playing it the most safe anymore.

I remember WB went a little too far on the budgets in the early 2000's (Really how could a studio make 2B in one year yet still lose money?)

Channing Tatum is still a rising star and this doesn't mean an end to old action movies. There's only one reason this disappointed and that is Olympus Has Fallen. I guarantee without that movie this would've done 40-50m OW.

• Like 1